Notices

Blitz Super Sound BOV

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2009, 09:17 PM
stevekoz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blitz Super Sound BOV

I've just bought and fitted a Blitz BOV off of flea bay - my oem was knackered.

It's come off the same year car but i can't seem to fit it properly. The tension adjuster is in the way of the coil pack when it's mounted to the intercooler.

The car is a 2000 UK V reg Classic.

I've test drove the car and it does vent to atmosphere - but in order to fit it 've had to remove the tensioner bolt in the centre of the BOV. Cannot believe this is how its meant to be fit or that it will work properly like that!

Anyone got any ideas how to fit it with the tensioner in place (car is not been driven till fitted correctly of course!) Pic's would be a great help or a "how To"

Cheers all
Old 21 August 2009, 07:28 AM
stevekoz
Scooby Regular

bttt anyone got any ideas?
Old 21 August 2009, 11:47 AM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Unless your car has been substantially modified I'd say sell it on and don't bother.
You won't see an advantage from it and it will disrupt the flow to your MAF unless you get it mapped in properly.
Old 21 August 2009, 04:17 PM
stevekoz
Scooby Regular

agreed - its off to flea bay again. I have re - fitted the original and disconnected battery to reset everything just in case (not sure if it helps or not) Anyway the car seems much smoother and quicker pickup too! Just don't see why anyone would have one unless running higher than 2 bar or had a FMIC in which case i think you have to one don't you? I will always like the sound, its a guitly but chavvy pleasure i'll admit to it.

I mean if i go big power and FMIC then i may have to go back to looking or if not, i may end up getting it mapped to run without a DV which i think a few people have done? Ah well. Its the joy of car owning and modifying you live and learn don't you!! I'll see if anyone wishes to bid on it on Flea Bay.
Old 24 August 2009, 05:36 PM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Quite a few people seem to rate the GFB hybrid valves that can do both VTA and recycle at the same time. Have heard quite a few negatives about the HKS and Blitz ones.
Forge also do an uprated recirc valve.
I wouldn't buy a bailey though - seen too much negative feedback on here.
Ultimately you probably won't see any difference at all between the VTA and the standard recirc unless your car is pretty highly tuned!