Notices

Defi STi Genoms in........

Search this Thread

Old 16 August 2009, 06:34 PM
charlieogden
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Defi STi Genoms in........

After a lot of saving and waiting i manages to get hold of some second hand Defi Genome gauges, i have fitted all the sensors this weekend fitting the two oil sensors into the top of the engine (manages to do the oil temp the one under the i/c without taking the i/c off but it was a struggle) and the water on the top hose at the front and all seems to be running well, with no leaks which is always nice.

Can any one tell me if these are normal ish running temps and pressures.... this is peak, so the highest it has been after a spirited drive (as evo call it!)

The boost pressures sits at about 1.4 bar when on full boost but its had a TSL 333 pack on it so im guessing that should be about right?

I also managed to get all the wires and extend the power wire to get it into the center console

so its all tucked out of the way

The final, all up and running yay........

A personal triumph was getting the pump in my charge cooler working so now the intercooler/chargecooler stays very cool to the touch as i done think it was worked since i brought it. Now the water is pushed round at a good pressure and it even swirls in the pot which cant be a bad thing.....Still don't really know alot about the charge cooler so i anyone has one let me know, i have a few questions.

Just though i would share a productive weekend.....

Charlie
Old 16 August 2009, 06:44 PM
gc8-r
Scooby Regular

very nice just one question how much did they cost and where did you buy them...
as would love some for my sti...
Old 16 August 2009, 07:13 PM
charlieogden
Scooby Regular

I wont tell you how much they cost bit like i said with alot a saving and waiting for the right ones...i got them from crescentshop Google it you can search in Japan for millions of bits....some went on ebay not too long ago for about 400ish i think so its worth keeping an eye out
Old 17 August 2009, 07:56 PM
charlieogden
Scooby Regular

Are these normal hard running pressures and temps?

Charlie