Notices

Hawkeye WRX PPP Tuning - Where to start!?

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2009, 07:00 PM
aaruck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawkeye WRX PPP Tuning - Where to start!?

I like to get a bit more performance out of my 2006 WRX with PPP. What is the first mod I should be looking at? I don't want to spend too much £ though! Credit crunch and all that!
Old 15 August 2009, 07:30 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

rear anti roll bar 22mm white line areound £100 makes the car turn in much better, power wise only way to improve would be a new turbo (sti 1) with a few bits would give you around 310. cost £1500 - 2000
Old 15 August 2009, 07:32 PM
aaruck
Scooby Regular

Ouch! Looks like i'll have to be happy with the power i've got for now then!
Old 15 August 2009, 08:32 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

The PPP map is a generic map to run safe to keep the car within limits so you don't use the warranty to much. A remap may release some more power I am sure there will be others that will post with more experience.
Old 15 August 2009, 09:11 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

thats around £500 for around 10-15 bhp. i am sure it would drive much better but its an expensive way to go. remap with a sti tmic and turbo would be the only way to make a re map worth doing.

my hawkeye wrx will soon be running 500 + bhp so i would say i have some experience.

what have you got on the car ? wheels prodrive springs etc etc. rear arb is a very good way to go and cheap.
Old 15 August 2009, 10:20 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The remap unleashes torque which is where it is at with the 2.5 wrx.
Looking at around 270 to 280bhp but 330 to 340lb torque.
Yes an sti tmic, sti turbo and remap would be v nice and makes an sti chaser but a big amount to spend in one go.
Old 16 August 2009, 07:43 AM
aaruck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by F1 CJE UK
what have you got on the car ? wheels prodrive springs etc etc. rear arb is a very good way to go and cheap.

All standard I believe except for 18" revolution milleniums.

Trending Topics

Old 16 August 2009, 08:27 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Well its all down to what you use the car for and what your looking to gain. Power wise then maybe a re map would be a good way to start small gain but JGM is a pro so i am sure his figures are spot on. maybe if you talk to a local tuner you could add a few more parts maybe a sti TMIC that would give ou a little more gain. more power then means bakes tho ££££

Springs and rear anti roll bar could be done for around the same price, giving you a lower, harder ride that turns in better (massive improvement in the way the car drives.)
Old 31 October 2009, 10:26 AM
j999jmp
Scooby Regular

Really interested in this thread, I have a 56 plate hawkeye Wrx Wagon SL, only mods so far are green panel filter and PPP. If I change the rear anti roll bar should i do the front and the drop links aswell or just the rear bar. As always money is tight. Also any other good power gains to be had? Thanks for any help. I want to keep ride height the same as the road to my house isn't that good. Also anyone with a hawkeye have a strange induction type noise/tick on part throttle under load? I've heard 2 that do it now and the dealer tells me some do some don't?
Old 08 June 2011, 09:31 AM
fiveskin
Scooby Regular

I've opened up an old thread here but something the last poster said came up in a search..

It's about that tick under load. I have it too on my hawkeye. It's always been there, but once I decatted etc its even louder.
It's like a sort of fluttering right? Kind of like a credit card being flicked along with a sort of blowy puffy sound.

Anyway, did you ever find out or get rid? I thought it was a blow in my down pipe. Sure enough I did have a blow, but once fixed it made absolutely no difference.

Another theory ive seen on the yank forums is that its the wastegate flapping and the arm needs tightening. I tightened mine o
Half turn but it made no difference. Maybe it needs more but I don't want to risk boost spike. I

t's not a very nice noise though.sounds unhealthy and ruins the smooth burble.

.happens most loudly at low revs in high gears and from around 1800 to 3500 rpm where it suddenly disappears.
In boost terms its around -5 to +8 or 9 psi.

Also, did the 22mm adjustable do good? Or 24 any better?
Old 08 June 2011, 09:52 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fiveskin
I've opened up an old thread here but something the last poster said came up in a search..

It's about that tick under load. I have it too on my hawkeye. It's always been there, but once I decatted etc its even louder.
It's like a sort of fluttering right? Kind of like a credit card being flicked along with a sort of blowy puffy sound.

Anyway, did you ever find out or get rid? I thought it was a blow in my down pipe. Sure enough I did have a blow, but once fixed it made absolutely no difference.

Another theory ive seen on the yank forums is that its the wastegate flapping and the arm needs tightening. I tightened mine o
Half turn but it made no difference. Maybe it needs more but I don't want to risk boost spike. I

t's not a very nice noise though.sounds unhealthy and ruins the smooth burble.

.happens most loudly at low revs in high gears and from around 1800 to 3500 rpm where it suddenly disappears.
In boost terms its around -5 to +8 or 9 psi.

Also, did the 22mm adjustable do good? Or 24 any better?
sounds like you are describing compressor surge