Notices

Who can fix my ABS dilema in the suffolk area??

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2009, 12:08 PM
MY,k436suy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Who can fix my ABS dilema in the suffolk area??

Hi Guys, and girls of course!!

Not logged on for almost 7 months as I had almost fell out of love with my car.
The story...
I've had an ABS fault for about three years now and it's about time I got to the bottom of it.
Last year I took it to Hammonds subaru dealers in Halesworth Suffolk who charged me almost a grand, had my car a month and it came back out exactly the same except an empty tank and filthy dirty!! so my faith in "dealers" has been lost.
The car is a 93 wrx in lovely condition, I've owned her for seven years but it has crossed my mind several times to part with her as this ABS issue has really got on my nerves.

I spoke to Andy at special scoobys this morning but it turns out he is leaving the country on tuesday for good, so that's him out of the quetion.

So could someone pleeeeease point me in the right direction of someone who really knows there stuff and can finally put my ABS problem to bed for once and all.
My MoT is due in a few weeks time and it would be really nice to know this light won't be an issue again.

And believe you me I've spent hours trying to solve the issue myself, ABS ecu & sensors etc all replaced last year but still no joy, I work shifts and to be honest just don't have the time to mess about with cars these days also I recently brought a house which is taking up most of my spare time.
I'm sure it would be an easy fix for someone in the know but diagnostic equipment isn't available for this year car so this makes it a bit more of a challenge.
So i'm on the look out for an Honest, non messer, reliable person to put me back in love with her.
All suggestions gratefully recieved, thanks for reading my essay