Notices

no boost,irratic idle new scooby owner needs help

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2009, 04:30 PM
fastie1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face no boost,irratic idle new scooby owner needs help

hi,ive just bought in to the scooby world after wanting one for years,bought a 93 wrx with low miles on it and totally standard engine wise.came to go out in it the other day,started it up and everything seem normal but after about 20 seconds(i think when the choke went off)it started juping up and down from just under 1000rpm to just over 1000rpm,i keept it ticking over for a while but every 10 seconds it keep doing it,going down to about 600 then jumping to about 1200,it sounded like it was choking or something.anyway i took it out to see if it would clear but i had a big shock,it was lucky to be running 100bhp,it was way down on power so i phoned a friend who knows a bit about them.when he came round he done a dionostics test by plugging 2 plugs together under the steering coloum,he got two codes from the car and after 10 mins on the net we got (code 45 pressure sensor-pressure exchange solonoid valve)and (code 31 throttle position sensor)but how likely is it that both things went at the same,the night before the car was spot on,now the tick over is crap and it doenst boost at all,i was wonder if the two problems were linked,maybe if i fix one or the other the other one will be ok.if anyone has had this problem or can give me some advice that would be cool,thanks for taking the time to read this.
Old 11 August 2009, 04:40 PM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you checked for vac leaks as this could be your problem in the first place. might actually not be down to any specific part?

check all lines on the inlt and all boost lines. make sure everything is done up and tight.