Notices

is anyone using evoscan?

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2009, 01:35 PM
rentonone
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default is anyone using evoscan?

Hi, i am having trouble getting the latest evoscan sorfware to work on my vista laptop, it is supposed to work with the drivers that are incuded in the package that i have downloaded but it keeps saying that 'drivers are not designed for this platform' Does any one have an idea of whats going wrong? I am not the best with computers,lol. i have tried getting in touch with the guys that sell the software but i have had no reply as yet.

any advise is much apreciated.

James
Old 12 August 2009, 01:03 PM
sponners
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a lot of people have issues with evoscan running on vista, have a search on mlr and you should find your answers.
Old 11 October 2009, 11:16 PM
shepster
Scooby Regular

Hi, any joy with this as im looking into getting this?
Old 22 October 2009, 11:09 PM
L3YMS
Scooby Regular

Its an old thread so I guess this is old news to you by now but for those wanting to get things working on vista.... The warning you are getting is because you are either trying to use 64 bit drivers on vista 32 bit or vice versa. I am no tech wizard but am aware that there are 2 types of vista, 32 & 64 bit. I think I have 32 bit and am using x86 drivers just fine. The drivers can be found (after installing evoscan on your pc) in My Computer>C drive (or whatever your harddrive is called)>Evoscan>USB drivers>then choose either x86 for vista 32 or x64 for vista 64 > then run the .exe file (usually at the top) to install them. Now next time you plug in the usb it should sucessfully find the new hardware & confirm its working properly. That doesn't mean the thing will definately log but at least you should be able to get the cable working with the PC properly. These drivers are on evoscan V2.6 for sure and the 64 bit ones may have only recently been added. Get the latest update to be sure.