Help on STI version 5 my99

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2002, 03:22 PM
gravelexpress
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Hello,
Chaps want to trade my WRX against a STI 5 V-ltd.
The vehicle I found was on the autotrader website at a garage called KITCHINGS in Otley.
The Price seems good.
HOWEVER
I do know which features I am looking for on a V-ltd - Blue seats, centre console, ltd edition plaque etc.
BUT
AS far as I was aware the V-ltd was an upgraded TYPE R or TYPE RA. this vehicle is a 4 door so is it a STI RA or was the standard type 5 STI available as a V-ltd.

Any help much appreciated
Old 09 March 2002, 05:17 PM
gravelexpress
Scooby Regular

forgot to mention i had a look at the FAQ and the Chassis numbers only list ltd editions as type RA and R
Old 10 March 2002, 01:17 AM
gravelexpress
Scooby Regular

Cheers Pob do u own one? if so anything i should look out for?

From the photo it had a roof vent. so I am hoping its a RA so it should have LSD`s and no anti lock breaking am i right? also would it have a badge on the back STI type RA?
also sorry its a 98 car so type 5 I had a look at some of the original brochures for the v-ltd on a web site and it only showed the type R and RA as available as V-ltd

Bit of a giveaway but I think this is the dream scooby for me.
Old 10 March 2002, 09:11 AM
pob on the job
Scooby Regular

I have the RA limited edition. It's not the STi but of the same group of 3 limited's for that year. I had a look at the autotrader, can't quite tell if it's 2 or 4 door from the photo but it does say 4 door in the ad. Like I said, type R is the 2 door and RA the 4 door. You're right in saying it won't have the ABS but will have the active diff. My RA is the other way round, being the non STi. Also it should have the red inlet manifold, which mine doesn't have. Nice motor and the price isn't too bad either. Looks pretty standard though, if you were thinking of modding, there have been a couple of well sorted, very well maintained ones on here. You could do worse than spend an extra couple of grand and go for one of those instead. Maybe standard suits you better? You would be surprised how the cost of modding ads up.
Old 03 September 2002, 11:48 PM
pob on the job
Scooby Regular

Question

Yep, could be an STi RA 4 door v-ltd. Could also be a wrx RA ltd edition, also 4 door and of the same year.

The STi RA has a v-ltd plaque, bigger version 5 boot spoiler, roof vent, along with the usual sti bits, pink grill badge. I think they've got the STi titanium badge on the front wings as well but maybe not.

The non sti limited edition has the "subaru 555 wrc limited edition" plaque, mid level spoiler, no roof vent and no adjustable diff, black stars badge on front grill. Does have the elec windows and aircon though. Also has the blue front seats with yellow subaru 555 logos.

The STi type R V-Ltd is the 2 door version in the limited range.

I too have noticed the anomaly in the FAQ model list. There has been one or two of these for sale recently, so perhaps the guys might oblige you with the numbers to look out for on the details plate under the bonnet.

Al

Edited to add the type r bit.

[Edited by pob on the job - 3/9/2002 11:52:28 PM]