Notices

Wrx Wagon Help

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2009, 08:53 PM
robbo68
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrx Wagon Help

Hi all just got my first scooby its an 95 wrx wagon import its standard apart from prodrive exhaust and bailey dump valve, l don't want to mod it madley but whats the best things to do to get the best out of it. Also read on some sites that they is a ristrictor on the selonoid pipe work can anyone tell me how to id this and if it can be easely be removed. Also they seems to be a few veiws on doin a oil change can anyone shed some light on the best way to do this. sorry for all the questions and thanks for any help you can give.
Old 26 July 2009, 09:09 PM
fastboyslim
Scooby Regular

Hi mate and welcome. That restrictor in the solenoid pipework is best left there. It is a restrictor pill, a small brass plug with a hole drilled thru it. If this is removed it will allow the turbo to overboost.
Old 26 July 2009, 10:11 PM
portugezer
Scooby Newbie

Hi Robbo,
Quick question for you-i also have a classic wagon-i saw that your running a dump valve-does the car run ok-as many people say that the dump valve affects the car???
Could you let me know as i am thinking of fitting one...
Old 26 July 2009, 10:17 PM
njberrie
Scooby Regular

i have a classic wagon and fitted a baileys dv and not had any bad affects its sounds awesome though with the hks induction kit

the only restrictor that had to go was the one on the speedo but thats an easy removal really

a decat is probably the best power gain for money after that its a remap or chip then a bigger turbo
Old 26 July 2009, 10:48 PM
robbo68
Scooby Regular

The dump valve has'nt affected anything really and the sounds great but might get boring after a bit. whats the restrictor on the speedo never heard of that one mine as had the change from import to uk spec how can l check this restrictor has been done.

Thanks
Old 28 July 2009, 08:20 PM
burbling1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robbo68
Hi all just got my first scooby its an 95 wrx wagon import its standard apart from prodrive exhaust and bailey dump valve, l don't want to mod it madley but whats the best things to do to get the best out of it. Also read on some sites that they is a ristrictor on the selonoid pipe work can anyone tell me how to id this and if it can be easely be removed. Also they seems to be a few veiws on doin a oil change can anyone shed some light on the best way to do this. sorry for all the questions and thanks for any help you can give.
Leave the restrictor pill were it is you will have never ending boost problems if you remove it.

I have a 95 wrx wagon and fitted a td05 £41 from ebay, a walbro 255 pump £90 ebay full decat £160 ebay and a z4 ecu with 1.1 bar chip £100 from here.

So for just less than £400 I got an extra 60 stallions.
Old 28 July 2009, 08:33 PM
njberrie
Scooby Regular

to derestrict the speedo cable a small converter block is placed half way up the speedo cable betwwen the dial and gearbox also they can be deristed with a remap but the converter is the cheapest way look to pay around 40 quid mate

Trending Topics

Old 29 July 2009, 12:27 AM
kevin wrx
Scooby Regular

cheepest ive seen deristrictors for is 56 pound