Notices

Bit of a problem occured!! Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2009, 12:52 PM
typerascoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bit of a problem occured!! Help!!

Hello im new to this site but have been on type RA.com for a while as I have a 95 wrx type ra. Lovin the car but since we got it we have had alot of problems. Before we bought it, it had a rebuild after blowing!!
So has had a second hand short block! etc at a cost of £1900.

Coilpacks have gone, changed! all fine! Then the fuel pump went! Changed fine for 2 weeks now this!

Driving to shopping, bearing in minnd the car has been running well for the last week or so and turned up a street which had a bit of a decline and there was a massive squeeling coming from the engine........ OH NO

As we came to a stop the squeeling stopped. Carried on driving...Nothing!!! Untill i turned up another hill and yet again the squeeling and maybe grinding untill i come to a stand still, it stops.

So we got back onto straight level and the noise began to decrease. It wasnt so apparent below 30mph on a hill. On a flat straight it was ok. Only starting very rarely but still there.

Found a leek under the engine! Its not oil and looks like water but cant be sure.

Is it Brakes! water pump! power steering pump!
Has any one had this problem?
Loosing faith in this car!!! But dont want to give up just yet

Thank you for any replys in advance, Ryan
Old 18 July 2009, 01:36 PM
jonboy0373
Scooby Regular

I had a similar noise when i put my foot down. Check your steering fluid level, also look at the top of the steering rack where it connects to the column, mine leaked badly one day and i lost most of the fluid.

John
Old 18 July 2009, 04:33 PM
typerascoob
Scooby Regular

The fluid i fillled up the other week as it was low. It is now full. The leak is dripping off the the front engine mount. Ive cleaned around the pump and resevoir. All round the pipes also on top of the heads. It is spotless. This sould help me to see if the liquid is congregating around that area.

Took the car out earlier. It began to make that sound, so i weaved the steering left to right and the noise went, it hasnt come back. Is this the pump going?