Notices

Ninja downpipe with fast flow cat.

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2009, 05:34 PM
Wilky_Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ninja downpipe with fast flow cat.

Hi folks,

I am slowly modifying my 2004 WRX. My next purchase was to be a Ninja downpipe with fast flow cat ( from Scooby World ). I just wanted a bit of advice before buying:

1)- Is this a DIY fit ? I am relatively compotent with a spanner and so far my only real worry is seized bolts. Looks pretty straightforward ?

2)- Will this fit to my existing pipework (i.e. de cat centre / standard middle section, Racebox back box ).

3)- At the moment I can't afford a remap so will everything run okay until I can ( at least 6 months ) ? I've heard stories about the turbo overboosting but don't understand this. Stupid question but is this a bad thing ? Don't want to kill anything !!!!

Mods so far are pretty limited:

Uprated fuel pump, Green panel filter, cooler plugs, de cat pipe and Racebox rear box !

Any comments or advice will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Wilky.
Old 13 July 2009, 05:46 PM
rookymatt
Scooby Regular

I've just bought one too wilky! and a decat pipe too. To be honest i'd wait till you have the money to map it too. I'm booked with JGM on the 28th (going to fit the sport cat and decat ive got the day before) Simon said to avoid boosting with the decat and sport cat on, so i suspect overboost issues can arise which in my book means.................
overboost=bad.
Old 13 July 2009, 05:48 PM
rookymatt
Scooby Regular

Oh and i've also heard that to 10mm bolts on the turbo cover can sieze. I'd suggest soaking them in wd40 or a rust treating spray for a few hours prior to your fit (turbo cold of course, im sure you know but i thought i'd just mention it!!)
Old 13 July 2009, 05:54 PM
Wilky_Boy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rookymatt
Oh and i've also heard that to 10mm bolts on the turbo cover can sieze. I'd suggest soaking them in wd40 or a rust treating spray for a few hours prior to your fit (turbo cold of course, im sure you know but i thought i'd just mention it!!)
Cheers mate. I was thinking the same ! Will wait until I have enough to get the remap done too. Was just hoping to get the downpipe on next week whilst I had a bit of time. But, I'd rather not risk boost issues and I will wait until I have saved up. Appreciate your help mate !
Old 13 July 2009, 05:58 PM
rookymatt
Scooby Regular

No problemo.
Old 13 July 2009, 06:55 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

just as a comparison i fitted a decat up pipe and ppp sportcat withcentre cat removal pipe on an 03wrx have had no issues with overboost running a ppp map car runs fine, i was advised to fit vf35 and pinks before going for a remap as was informed my map would be ok even though a remap would improve it, this was from two well known tuners , i think the overboost issues are on the sti not wrx