Notices

BOOST piping

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2009, 12:39 PM
wrxsasti
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOOST piping

Hi, Just thought id start by saying "cracking day out at new brighton yesterday, thanks all involved". Any way i really need some diagrams/pictures of the tubing for the boost control etc of a 94 import wrx. i cant find any drawings anywhere. I am having starnge overboost problems. 1 gear fine 1 bar, 2nd gear fine 1 bar,3rd gear off boost gauge headhits windscreen. I have changed boost control solonoid and cleaned both of them, no leaks in pipework, but the piping doesnt look correct to me, but what do i now as im fairly new to all this.
Any help would be greatfully received along with any plasters for my head LOL.

Thanks

Brian
Old 06 July 2009, 12:48 PM
andyxros
Scooby Regular

not got anypics as mine is a 2 port but have you cheaked te pipe with the little brass oriface in as this gets blocked and stops air going to actuator, take pipe off one by one and try blowing through them
Old 06 July 2009, 01:02 PM
Natas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrxsasti
Hi, Just thought id start by saying "cracking day out at new brighton yesterday, thanks all involved". Any way i really need some diagrams/pictures of the tubing for the boost control etc of a 94 import wrx. i cant find any drawings anywhere. I am having starnge overboost problems. 1 gear fine 1 bar, 2nd gear fine 1 bar,3rd gear off boost gauge headhits windscreen. I have changed boost control solonoid and cleaned both of them, no leaks in pipework, but the piping doesnt look correct to me, but what do i now as im fairly new to all this.
Any help would be greatfully received along with any plasters for my head LOL.

Thanks

Brian
Hi mate,

Do you have the brass restriction pill in the very bottom hose from boost solenoid?
If not that will cause over-boost.

Have a look HERE for boost pipe plumbing

Although if your car is pretty much standard a 2.0mm hole is too big, 1.5mm will give approx 1 bar boost.
Old 06 July 2009, 01:06 PM
wrxsasti
Scooby Newbie

Cheers mate,

I have tried that, pill in place bottom pipe no blockages.
Forgot to mention car has powertec induction kit and a baileys bov and thats about it. It also overboosts in 4th and 5th , i have to balance the throttle to let the revs build up and overtaking what can i say. I will take some piccys of the tubing when i get home later.

Thanks