Notices

poor clutch pedal

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2009, 03:03 PM
bigbl
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default poor clutch pedal

hi there,i am currently finishing of a classic wrx engine replacement and managed to get the clutch fork in properly but the hydraulic piston came out when i was fiddling,i got it back in and managed to get a slight pedal and could get the gears at a push,so i bled the clutch by taking the slave cylinder off and kept the nipple up high so the air would go to the top, the pedal is still poor,springs to the floor and there is a slight clutch there but you have to lift the pedal back up,i think i bled the system properly so am a bit stumped on why its not working? any help would be great,thanks bryan
Old 22 June 2009, 05:27 PM
bigbl
Scooby Regular

anybody?
Old 22 June 2009, 05:58 PM
carl.woolford
Scooby Regular

put the slave bback on and get some one to sitin car pump the pedal a few times hold it down, then you undo bleed nipple once air and fluid comes out do back up, pump pedal agin then hold down, and repeat procedure until you get pedal
Old 22 June 2009, 09:28 PM
bigbl
Scooby Regular

will give it a try tomorrow night mate,thanks for your help
Old 24 June 2009, 09:13 PM
bigbl
Scooby Regular

tried bleeding it to death with no success,i was wondering if i may have damaged it when bleeding it the first time(as i accidently ran the resivoir out of fluid when bleeding ) would i be better just replacing the master and slave cylinder as i cant get a full clutch peddal? thanks again bryan
Old 24 June 2009, 10:55 PM
Postman Pat
Scooby Regular

A couple of years ago I decided to change my clutch fluid (must have been very bored that day). Anyway went without a hitch except for the fact I had no pedal when I was finished. I ended up having to adjust the pedal. Awkward job as you have to get into the top of the pedal box. Sorted it and it hasn't flunked since. I still don't know what happened though, didn't make sense either then or now.

Pat
Old 25 June 2009, 05:58 PM
bigbl
Scooby Regular

i have stripped the master and slave cylinders out and i can see the adjuster on where it connects to the pedal,i am getting replacements from a mate at the weekend and will see how it goes,he thought if the piston comes out it can knacker the seal in the slave and would explain why it wouldn't bleed,anyway I'll give new parts a go and adjust if necessary. thanks again bryan

Trending Topics

Old 26 June 2009, 06:51 PM
bigbl
Scooby Regular

took the piston out of the slave cylinder,cleaned it and the rubber seal, also cleaned the piston in the master cylinder,assembled it outwith the motor and bled up properly with the slave clamped up,then refitted everything still assembled which was a nightmare,but clutch works 100% now which is a huge relief so thanks for the help,much appreciated thanks again bryan