Notices

Bleeding the cooling system

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2009, 05:32 PM
Mista Majestic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bleeding the cooling system

I do believe I have an airlock, so how do I go about bleeding the colling system to get rid of it?? I have a '95 turbo

cheers
Old 17 June 2009, 06:21 PM
Hobstar82
Scooby Regular

Popping of the inlet or return pipe from the heater matrix works on most cars, tho be supprised if you got an air lock as these cars are self bleeding! You might find you got a blockage or if its pressurising....a blown head gasket
Old 18 June 2009, 08:18 AM
Mista Majestic
Scooby Regular

Its wierd, the needle goes right up, quite quickly and the fans are on etc. so I stop the car, wait, maybe give it some revs, and the needle sinks down down again again quite quick. The whole thing only lasts about 2 minutes, and only seems to be when the car first warms up..... Last time it happened, I took it for a hard drive and it was fine. no lights are on and no funny noises are coming from anywhere and no difference in performance. Oil seems fine, other than that I dont know how to spot a suspect gasket. Its only done 64,000 miles.
Old 18 June 2009, 10:18 AM
Beardy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mista Majestic
Its wierd, the needle goes right up, quite quickly and the fans are on etc. so I stop the car, wait, maybe give it some revs, and the needle sinks down down again again quite quick. The whole thing only lasts about 2 minutes, and only seems to be when the car first warms up..... Last time it happened, I took it for a hard drive and it was fine. no lights are on and no funny noises are coming from anywhere and no difference in performance. Oil seems fine, other than that I dont know how to spot a suspect gasket. Its only done 64,000 miles.

sounds like you have air building up behind the termostat,

Take the pipe of the header that leads to the turbo and slowly fill this with water. Also take the pipe that comes from the rad, back to the header tank, when you see a steedy flow of water without air put both pipes back on. Run engine on idle untill fans kick in/make sure warm air from heaters. Then should be finished.