Notices

speedo not working after gearbox change

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2009, 09:40 PM
ridgey555
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post speedo not working after gearbox change

hi anyone out there who can tell me why my speedo is no longer working after i changed the gearbox on my wrx version 2 the gearbox i fitted was from a version 3 with the electronic speedo i refitted the old style speedo adaptor to the new gearbox it all seemed the same and fitted with no problems except that the dame speedo no longer works will these gearboxes from the v3 on adapt to mechanical type speedo cable or will i have to get yet another gearbox after the first one i got which was supposed to be reconditioned but was knocking once fitted at least they sent another one free of charge but from a version 3 or so it seems fun fun a
Old 09 June 2009, 09:58 PM
Broxi
Scooby Regular

take the short section out of the box but leave it attached to the rest of the cable, have someone watch the clocks, and rotate the cable by hand. try turning both directions if it does not work then you have a cable issue.. most likely the short section.

But the electronic sensor can be removed and yours screwed right in... i don this on a 6 speed conversion i done on an early classic.
Old 09 June 2009, 10:10 PM
ridgey555
Scooby Newbie

thanks i,ll try that i,ve done that on the speedo cable its self but not with the small section still attached cheers