Standard speed camera detector?

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2009, 02:29 PM
BigSeal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Standard speed camera detector?

Hi All,

Recently brought a 04 blobeye WRX, was sold witha snooper fitted. Found out its a Micro Fuzion camera detector. Unpluged it as it was making a loud noise everytime I drive pass a camera.

The strange thing is that everthough its switched off. The car still makes this a beeping noise every time I come near a speed camera????

It would appeared that its linked to my speedo, as if I slow down the the speed limit it will stop or the beeping get quieter.

I have searched every where and can not see if this is a standard thing or an optional add-on. Plus how do I update this with the latest cameras?

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advnace.

Regards,
JOE
Old 29 April 2009, 03:27 PM
MoonSpaceMan9
Scooby Regular

Dont know about the beeping.
But just go to there website and run a update, Should be ok , But I have heard of people not able to do this as they brough a 2nd hand one and have not got the login info needed to update, Some are a bit funny like that if you pass it on with the car or so

If no joy just give them a bell and tell them it was on the car when you got it and you wish to pay for subscriptions ...
Can be anything up to £100 a year ( For the new Lynx version )

What snooper model is it BTW ?
If its one of the new Lynx just use it as its wirelessand should auto download the updates when it can
Old 29 April 2009, 04:14 PM
BigSeal
Scooby Regular

the guy who I brought the car from knew nothing, he treated it as any normal car...

I personally don't think is a snooper. There is a portable unit called Mirco Fuzion and I have contacted them re the update.

The strange thing is that even though I have unplugged it and removed it off the car. The beeping still exisit and sound as though its coming via the back on the console.

Would the WRX have some kind of optional add-on when the car was new that came with camera detector?
Old 30 April 2009, 04:31 AM
The rookie
Scooby Regular

Nothing when new, but maybe there is a second detector hard wired into the car.

Bear in mind that the 2005 road safety act made 'detectors illegal to use, its never been enacted (legally brought into force) but could be at any time, after that only 'locators' (GPS based) will be legal to use.

If your beeping only occurs when your over the speed limit then its suggests a locator (as GPS units will be able to work out your speed).

Simon