Notices

warning light on my 96 wrx import help

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2009, 01:21 PM
snowygsi
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warning light on my 96 wrx import help

hi people can anyone help me ive just put a remapped ecu on my car as ive just put in a fmic. when we took it up the road a warning light came on and i dont know what it is. looks like a rectangle box with inlet and outlet on the sides with 4 lines on top. dont know how to put a pic on here.
Old 22 April 2009, 02:10 PM
alex_00s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the new ECU and the sensors on the car are not talking to each other properly and the ECU is not understanding the readings its getting. on top of that the FMIC will mean the car is now running lean so its under fuelling and that can cause problems to the engine!

if you go to most mot stations at any decent garage they'll have the diagnostic equipment used on all cars which connect to the ECU and tell you what the faults there are and clear then for you so no lights flash on the dash.

you're looking at anything up to about £100 for them to do this.

however imo i think i'd be worth putting the money for that 2wards a new remap which will sort out the fuelling now you've also added the FMIC.
Old 22 April 2009, 02:15 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Cat on fire warning the sensor is detecting the cat is getting too hot BUT isn't connected to the engine management as far as i know.

To post a piccy use something like Photobucket and copy the 'IMG code' into your post and the picture should appear.

Like so

Last edited by myblackwrx; 22 April 2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 22 April 2009, 03:14 PM
alex_00s
Scooby Regular

its likely to be the lambda/oxygen sensor... they do go alot on these cars and all you'll need is a replacement one. there is one directly b4 the 1st cat and 3rd cat as far as i recall from playing around with mine.
Old 22 April 2009, 03:58 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alex_00s
its likely to be the lambda/oxygen sensor... they do go alot on these cars and all you'll need is a replacement one. there is one directly b4 the 1st cat and 3rd cat as far as i recall from playing around with mine.
The lamnda failing will give crappy running and poor mpg and will illuminate the CEL (code 32) probably (which the OP hasn't mentioned) whereas this is the cat on fire warning light.
Old 22 April 2009, 11:28 PM
snowygsi
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the pic that MYBLACKWRX has put up, its the light on the bottom left. my ecu has been mapped for the fmic. what will happen if i put on a de-cat system. the running is ok ish, its when i rev the engine and let off the engine almost dies. and plus its taking about 5 seconds to start now as before it would start soon as i turned the key. this is my first subaru so im not that clued up on them so all help is welcome.