Notices

Blobeye STI buying guide

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2009, 09:40 PM
coshy131
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blobeye STI buying guide

Hi, i am new to the forum and am looking at purchasing a Blobeye Impreza STI in the next few months..

I was just wandering if anybody had a sort of 'buying guide' or would be able to tell me what sort of things i need to look out for when buying, i.e common problems, etc..

Thanks Tim
Old 08 April 2009, 11:02 PM
Japorter
Scooby Regular

Location: OLD MY53 STi @ 341bhp/349lbft -> NOW Evo 8 385bhp/380lbft

rear suspension fault.quite comman but most of them out there should have been changed under warranty......
Old 08 April 2009, 11:13 PM
Jamie120182
Scooby Regular

Yep knocking rear suspension is the big one, apart from that i would just check the car has a full service history and has been well looked after

These sort of cars do seem prone to the odd accident as well check for overspray, and gaps on all panels and check for new parts or new looking parts underneath etc.
Old 08 April 2009, 11:22 PM
coshy131
Scooby Newbie

Ok thanks very much, do you know if there's anyway to check if the rear suspension has been sorted, which part of the suspension was it?

Cheers Tim
Old 09 April 2009, 06:51 AM
matttrig
Scooby Regular

If you have the registration number thaen ring the subaru main dealer nearest to you and ask them to check if there are any outstanding campaigns on the vehicle, they should also be able to tell you what has been done to the car and at what garage, regards Matttrig
Old 13 April 2009, 06:03 PM
coshy131
Scooby Newbie

Would anybody be able to tell me what the service intervals are and what type of service?

Did a search but couldn't find anything

Cheers Tim
Old 13 April 2009, 11:41 PM
mshill
Scooby Regular

To know if the rear suspension is okay, you are best to get a test drive,
listen for a knocking noise from the rear, especially at low speed when manovering around a car park.

as far as what to buy it depends on your individiual taste, if you intend to modify the car, then best buying a modded car so someone else has taken the hit, be aware modding is like a drug, very addictive and costly

also best to buy private and look for a car owened by a fellow enthusiast. It is important that the oil is changed regular and the car is warmed up and cooled down before/ after a spirited run.

Trending Topics

Old 13 April 2009, 11:53 PM
Luther
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mshill
also best to buy private and look for a car owened by a fellow enthusiast. It is important that the oil is changed regular and the car is warmed up and cooled down before/ after a spirited run.
Scoobynet or SIDC stickers all over the car help...lol... you can usually jump on the forum and find out it's history....

Not foolproof though so just look out for all the usual signs of a well looked after vehicle.... best of luck!