Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2009, 07:05 PM
englishjim
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy help

i have just bought my first scooby
my son says i must let the turbo warm up after starting before pulling off
and when i stop i must let it tick over for some time for the turbo to cool down
how long must i idle before pulling off?
and how long must i idle before turning the engine off?
i know this must sound really stupid but i must know
thanks
jim
Old 06 April 2009, 07:15 PM
burbling1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can drive off straight away but it is advised not to over rev or make the car pull hard until the oil is up to trmp. As for stopping the engine it is advised again to let the turbo cool down if you have been making it work hard, most people just drive off boost for a couple of miles or minutes. As i live in the town centre I just drive through town normally and this gives it enough time to cool.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the scoob.
Old 06 April 2009, 07:19 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you do not have to wait for the turbo to heat up before pulling off. how would it warm up if the car was idling????? not true, nor possible.

When you first start the car drive the car off boost or with gentle boost for a few miles. Then after a few miles you can use the turbo.
When stopping the car try to drive the last few miles of your journey off boost or gentle boost, then you pull up you can turn it straight off. If you have boosted hard just before pulling up let the car idle for about 1 minute.
Old 06 April 2009, 07:22 PM
legacytt
Scooby Regular

theres so many questions regarding this but the way i do it is i start the car and drive away but keep of boost until engine and oil has warmed up basically keep the revs under 3000rpm usually a good ten mile run maybe more in colder conditions then as for turning engine off if you have just been for a run and have cruised the last few miles just sit for a minute and then switch off works for me maybe different for others dont go by the water temp as the oil temp will still be warming up.

Last edited by legacytt; 06 April 2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06 April 2009, 08:44 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

i agree drive mine off boost till engine warms i do a lot off motorway driving and keep it below 3000 not using boost for about ten miles when letting cool down i let it run for 2 mins welcome to the scooby world