Notices

body panels

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2009, 01:15 PM
speedy steve
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default body panels

After being T-boned a couple of months ago by some old wally in a skoda been waiting for the local body shop to get replacement body panels ( other guys insurance approved place which for the moment will remain nameless.. )

just been called ( car was booked in for repair tomorrow ! ) to be told they have no idea when the parts will arrive & so the repair is "delayed indefinately"

Is it really that hard to get classic impreza body panels ? ( OK its a wagon which doesnt help ) specifically rear quarter panel & rear door ( drivers side )

Any anyone suggest a possible supplier ?

SS
Old 06 April 2009, 01:20 PM
audioscape
Scooby Regular

most insurance companies will only fit original panels not pattern parts, if you ask the body shop they will be able to locate a pattern part. if not i will go in to the place down the road from where i work and ask them where they got them from
Old 07 April 2009, 01:42 PM
speedy steve
Scooby Regular

thanks audioscape, had a good hunt around the net & can get the parts 2nd hand easily enough, appears new body panels for a wagon are a little rare even with the "patern parts guys" guess the demand must be pretty low ?

Im now trying to convince the insurance co to give me the cash instead & i'll arrange my own repair, any idea what replacing a rear quarter & rear door skin & then re-painting would cost ? ( to the insurance company ) cause no doubt they will try & "knock me down"