Notices

Cat replacement pipe on my 04 WRX.

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2009, 01:07 PM
Wilky_Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat replacement pipe on my 04 WRX.

Hi folks,

I have an 2004 WRX and I want to replace the second cat pipe on my car. I basically have two pipes and don't know which to use. I bought one from e-bay and the other was given to me.

The first ( from e-bay ) looks brand new, has lovely looking welds and appears to be from Japspeed but there is nowhere to screw the sensor in to it.

The second ( donated ) has obviously been used and is a bit tatty but has the hole for the sensor to screw in.

My question is which should I used. The first seems to be better quality but what effect will there be in my not connecting the sensor. Would it light the CEL ? What would I do with the sensor ? Unplug it or just tape it up.

Or am I better using the second pipe and screwing the sensor in. In which case what use is the pipe without the hole ? Why has it been made like this ?

Any comments or advice really appreciated folks. I can't afford a remap yet so would prefer to not have the CEL on.

Cheers,

Wilky.
Old 04 April 2009, 09:01 AM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

use the one with the hole for the sensor. I presume you mean the cat after the downpipe. I fitted a ppp one to mine and that has hole for sensor and I never had any cel issues at all. Only reason for the other one I can think of is that when doing a full decat ie. up pipe downpipe and centre that all cels would be disabled so sensors not required.