Notices

DCCD and C DIFF? Newbie...how do you operate it

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2009, 10:15 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DCCD and C DIFF? Newbie...how do you operate it

Just bought a STI V-Limited 2003 with the DCCD gearbox with a C-Diff which goes up and down on a diagram on the dash,..it is on Auto at the moment as i havent got a clue what it is for and how you operate it......is it something i can have more fun with lol...as i want to start getting into track days....please help Rick

P.S. get a little white smoke on start up and wondered what it might be! it clears straight away..although i am having an oil change on mon and laser alignment for fast road set up........had the car a week and i love it i have been bit hard with the bug lol
Old 02 April 2009, 10:29 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Leave it in auto for now
Basically it distributes the torque between the front and rear wheels, around 50:50 in lock to 35F 65R
Just get use to how the car drives, it will feel rather funny for some time.
Now on start up, are we talking the usual steam as these cars do that quite a bit, or proper smoke?
If its proper smoke and its doing it all the time on start up, garage visit and left over night i think

Tony (just waiting for someone to post up the DCCD instructions! )
Old 02 April 2009, 10:31 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh and these cars dont have the same service intervals as a UK one, they require more regular servicing, ESPECIALLY the DCCD gearbox which should have the oil changed annually (rest is 6 months/7.5k mile engine services as per the classics)

Tony

PS is this one that starts with an M registration as the first 2 of these were brought into the country new by Prosport in Stockport )
Old 02 April 2009, 11:00 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many thanks for the replies I am having the oil changed on monday and thinking i should have the gearbox oil changed too to be on the safe side. its a relief about the smoke as it is very minimal on start up and only on cold days so guess its condensation.......another thing i have noticed is a humming noise from the road and it has yokohama tyres i am wondering if its the tyres.....hope its not the diff asi will be using my warranty.