Notices

Map sensor

Search this Thread

Old 25 March 2009, 04:14 AM
Natas
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Map sensor

I have a MY95 WRX with a Apexi Power FC fitted, my question is can I change my Map sensor for a MY97 –00 map sensor (higher pressure rating)? if so is it plug and play (no wirng changes or anything needed)?
Also I understand that the MAF is limited to approx 350bhp, is it possible to set up and run without a MAF using the Apexi Power FC?
All comments most welcome.
Cheers
Old 25 March 2009, 12:07 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

the later map sensor will not work with that ecu as it is scaled differently, to run more boost you will need a apexi boost control pack.
Old 26 March 2009, 02:39 AM
Natas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by my94wrx
the later map sensor will not work with that ecu as it is scaled differently, to run more boost you will need a apexi boost control pack.
Thanks for the reply.

I have an Apexi 2 port Boost solenoid, but I'm guessing theres more to the boost pack than that?

Where can I get one of these Apexi Boost packs?

Cheers.
Old 26 March 2009, 10:43 AM
TingTongPJ
Scooby Regular

i've had exactly the same thing lately, the apexi will do over 350 but the restriction is 1.5 bar boost. you need either a apexi boost kit for the ecu you have (rare as hens teeth and expensive) cheaper alternative is to go for a electronic boost controller ie avrc or simlar. i did'nt realise any of this myslef before jgm advised and helped me to sort things out.
i've ended up going for a simtek.
Old 26 March 2009, 05:15 PM
Natas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TingTongPJ
i've had exactly the same thing lately, the apexi will do over 350 but the restriction is 1.5 bar boost. you need either a apexi boost kit for the ecu you have (rare as hens teeth and expensive) cheaper alternative is to go for a electronic boost controller ie avrc or simlar. i did'nt realise any of this myslef before jgm advised and helped me to sort things out.
i've ended up going for a simtek.
How does it cope with the MAF being limited to about 350 bhp on early WRX's then? this is such a confusing area
I did wonder why people run power fc's with avrc, I thought the whole idea of the power fc was to get rid of the need for all that.
It is nice when you can find someone to give accurate advice before spending lots of money.

Many thanks for your reply