Notices

IMPREZA 1998 AIRBAG WARNING LIGHT ON!!!

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2009, 12:24 PM
philr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMPREZA 1998 AIRBAG WARNING LIGHT ON!!!

Hello

The past few days my airbag light on the dash has been coming on, if i stop the engine and start the car again the light goes off, but then comes back on after a while, i had a diagnostic test which did not bring the warning up, and i was told it would need to be flash pointed to find fault with 2 wires, i think the flash point plug is just to the left of the clutch and is a light grey colour socket,
has anybody got any idea on what to do where do the wires go into socker, and what the flash's mean, or does anybody know where there could be a flaulty connector, somebody mentioned under the front seats but had that checked and there are no wires there, it seem to start doing this after i hoovered and cleaned the car inside the other day.
Old 24 March 2009, 07:21 PM
Scobman
Scooby Regular

Theres a plug below the airbag in the centre of the wheel. Theres also one under the steering column. Possibly one of these - loose connection??
Old 24 March 2009, 08:19 PM
philr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scobman
Theres a plug below the airbag in the centre of the wheel. Theres also one under the steering column. Possibly one of these - loose connection??
You dont by anychance know the colour of the wires, would try the one under the steering column first. Does the airbag come off with the horn as i have seen the touque screws on either side of the steering wheel? Cheers