Bugeye Remap

Search this Thread

Old 17 February 2009, 02:59 PM
Gkp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bugeye Remap

Hi,

I have a bugeye wrx and i was thinking of getting it remapped.

I plan to fit a full exhaust system with sports cat in down pipe, Is there any point in me replacing the centre pipe as there are no cats in it? Or should i just fit up pipe, down pipe, 2nd cat pipe and backbox?

There only other thing i have is a green cotton panel filter, with just these mods would i benefit much from a remap? what bhp could i expect?

Also are there any other reasonably priced things i should consider that would be of much benefit? such as an uprated fuel pump?

Any input or advice will be much appreciated as i am a novice to all this.

Thanks
Old 17 February 2009, 03:27 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

I guess if youre going to the expense of so many new exhaust parts, it would be a good idea (even if not needed) to replace the whole thing. What exhaust were you thinking of?

Decat exhaust system + up pipe + panel filter + remap should give you around 260-280bhp.

The remap isnt essential on a WRX but those mods will throw the CEL light on which a remap will fix. Without the remap you wont notice that much difference in terms of performance, but with the remap it will be a noticable difference.

I would recommend a remap to get the full benefit.
Old 17 February 2009, 06:07 PM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

If your car is standard it has 3 cats. Uppipe, Downpipe and centre section. Full decat and remap will get you an extra 60bhp. Fuel pump not essential but probably worth it in case you want to mod further.
Old 17 February 2009, 06:48 PM
Gkp
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the info lads.
I was thinking of an afterbruner vortex backbox, has anyone any other good suggestions? Also is scoobyworld as good a place as any to get all the exhaust components? or is there anywhere else i should have a look too?
Old 17 February 2009, 07:54 PM
mathsteacher
Scooby Regular

full decat 3" system and upipe, with uprated fuel pump and k and n panel all from scoobyclinic saw my bug rise from 211 bhp to 287.9 bhp and 280 lb torque. worthy investment made a massive difference. dont forget to budget to upgrade your brakes cos standard ones wont handle power increase