Turbo question...

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2009, 11:44 PM
wolverine666
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo question...

Hi,
I bought my car last year, had till now a small crash and started now to thing about an upgrade. I am owning a Impreza GT MY97 (GF8) and I am looking now for another turbo, the question now is which one? I read a few threads and now I know less then an hour ago
The question now is vf34,36, 37,38...ball bearing or not...what is better? The up, down pipe is no problem because I wanted to change the stock anyway so the twinscroll turbo or not is the same thing for me...only the sump and other things are the question...
A friend that works in a subaru workshop said me a vf34 is the "best" bolt on choose but after reading a few threads I am not sure in anything now.
The engine is till now "stock", only a turbo timer is installed and a frount mounter intercooler is waiting to be installed, an apexi intake, hks blow off, cat back exaust is new, and the cat will be gone soon.
The project now is to change the exhaust headers, the downpipe, to remove the cat, to change the turbo and to install the air intake, intercooler and BOV. I am sure I must buy a walbro fuel pump to get all this running.

Sorry because the loooong thread and I hope all of you can help me a little bit more...

P.S. Sorry about the grammar mistakes, I am from Croatia..

Thanks
Old 13 February 2009, 07:52 AM
Adam K
Scooby Regular

No matter what turbo you upgrade to, yes, you will need a igher flowing gas-pump. And also bigger injectors. If you would stay at abt. 300hp you could *possibly* get away with only higher fuel pressure (adjustable fuel pressure regulator), but higher, no way. phase 1 (which is what you have fuel systm wise) STi 440cc injectors are usually a good deal, but I don't know how much they can cope with without higher fuel pressure.
Old 13 February 2009, 02:40 PM
wolverine666
Scooby Regular

Ok, I need to buy a stronger fuel pump, a other injectors. Which one 440? 550? And a pressure regulator. A saw injector from venom, are they ok or not? What turbo will be better to make a nice acceleration a vf34 or someone with a twinspool vf37???