Notices

Apexi pfc boost / mapping questions

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2009, 02:31 PM
timmy2take
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Apexi pfc boost / mapping questions

I am just wondering if any off you guys know how to adjust the boost on the apexi pfc as i have just found out that the bov that was on it was leaking and now that i have fixed the problem it is over boosting and spiking in places.
Also the other issue i have is that i think the car was maybe mapped with this leaky bov, so even if i do re-adjust the boost control on the apexi pfc back to normal levels do you think the orginal mapping would be ok?Or will it make it run richer or leaner if it was mapped with an air leak?

Also does the apexi pfc boost control self learn like the apexi avc-r boost controllers do?As maybe the bov was alright when it was mapped and over time the apexi pfc has self leaned again to compensate for the leaky bov?Thats if the apexi pfc can self learn.
Old 09 February 2009, 03:15 PM
Slick81
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the PFC controller take the screen back to "SETTINGS" by pressing the "prev" button. Scroll down to "SETTINGS" press "next" and then scroll down to "Boost", and then "next". You should have 4 boost settings there, scroll up to the lowest one. The press "prev" until it takes you back to the first screen.

Whether it self learns or not I dont know However the PFC will register the amount of boost so would provide the amount of fuel needed at the boost level, if you know what I mean. Whether Im right or not is a different matter

Have a word with JGM or call Zen Performance.

Hope that helps

T.
Old 09 February 2009, 03:31 PM
Slowboy Racing
Former Sponsor

Location: 10.68 QT mile in 2007 2.33 Type R ** Current 2002 Spec C 2.33 Track prepped.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Power FC does not self learn as such, it would be worth getting the mapped checked for fuelling etc. Depending on how leaky the dump valve was will determine how much the map would be affected.

Settings > Boost > Lower Duty setting to eliminate spike.