Notices

sh1t! just crashed only 3rd party what do i do???

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2009, 06:25 PM
Style
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ****! just crashed only 3rd party what do i do???

so gutted!!

basically just driving back in a severe hailstorm, going down the road tyhe car in front slammed their brakes on, started to skid, i did the same, our wheels just locked up, we were just about to go up the back of them, i turned to miss which was only towards the middle of the road, sdo into the other lane, where we hit a car skidding from the other way.

split my bumper a bit and bent the wing pluys smashed headlight. her clio it smashed the plastic wing, ruined her headlight and possibly snapped bumper fixings as it was a bit loose.

im only 3rd party, didnt get the number of the person infront who we just managed to miss although she said she skidded aswell.

what should i do now, is there anything i can do?? its my first ever crash
Old 03 February 2009, 06:30 PM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

Does the woman who you hit want to claim on your insurance?

If not, you don't need to do a lot really insurance wise.

Harsh though mate, I feel for you.
Old 03 February 2009, 06:42 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

if you can get the number off the girl you crashed into. try not to go through the insurance company if atall poss. this might not be recieved gladly by the girl but at the end of the day its in your intrests as you were in her lane. offer to pay for her damage, wing and headlight and fixing bumper may cost a few quid as will your damage add to that a little £100 sweetner for her and you may do well if she accepts. top and bottom of it is if you have to lose your ncb + your excess you may well find that when you come to insure next time around they will shaft you. insurance is a con, it does not help the driver in a case like yours, it may do with a write off, but will if there is life support needed and a trip to court is definate. best of luck hope it all works out, it could well of been worse. take a deep breath and relax and have a drink!!!
Old 03 February 2009, 07:16 PM
Style
Scooby Regular

bollocks!!

just phoned her, shes already spoke to insurance company, and theyre getting her a courtesey car tomorrow.

gutted ... ...
Old 03 February 2009, 07:22 PM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

Is she claiming on her's though?? Or wanting to go through yours?
Old 03 February 2009, 07:22 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Basically, your insurance company will cover the cost of all her repairs but you'll have to see to your own.

That's assuming you're at fault from what you've said.
Old 03 February 2009, 07:29 PM
Style
Scooby Regular

i dont know whats shes doing. was a nice little old lady.

i ment above.. im only insured 3rd party. im not sure i said i was ith adrian flux but just realised im actually with bell insurance. flux was last year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#6 (permalink) "
Basically, your insurance company will cover the cost of all her repairs but you'll have to see to your own. "

is that even if say i was 3rd party and it was my found to be my fault?

it hasnt been made clear between us whos fault it is? her husband i think suggested calling the police, but she didnt
Old 03 February 2009, 07:34 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

It's not for the Police to determine.

From what you've said, you would be at fault as you were skidding on the wrong side of the road - but that would be for the insurance company to determine.
Old 04 February 2009, 12:41 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

My understanding is that if you are only 3rd party insured then your insurance will pay for her repairs, your repairs will have to be funded by yourself
Old 04 February 2009, 01:41 AM
Ozzy_B
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sonic'
My understanding is that if you are only 3rd party insured then your insurance will pay for her repairs, your repairs will have to be funded by yourself
correct, as from what you have said will be a fault claim against yourself
Old 04 February 2009, 08:56 AM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

will any insurance company see the OP's car though? or do they just take her car in and ignore his alltogether? and he just needs to go to his own garages to fix
Old 04 February 2009, 11:51 AM
Ozzy_B
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by eggy790
will any insurance company see the OP's car though? or do they just take her car in and ignore his alltogether? and he just needs to go to his own garages to fix
no, as the OP is at fault and his cover is only third party, they will recover the repair costs of the female drivers car only, it is up the OP to pay for the repair costs of his own car im afraid

thats just the risk you run when trying to save a few quid on insurance when going for third party F&T instead of comp

Last edited by Ozzy_B; 04 February 2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04 February 2009, 11:54 AM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

o right, i was just trying to understand why insureres ask if you have any mods if your third party.. if they dont care about your car? suppose its for theft?
Old 04 February 2009, 12:06 PM
P555SBR
Scooby Regular

thats just the risk you run when trying to save a few quid on insurance when going for third party F&T instead of comp[/QUOTE]

this may sound daft but it was cheaper for me to go fully comp than 3rd party on the scooby the range rover was about 20 quid dearer but worth it
Old 04 February 2009, 12:29 PM
Ozzy_B
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P555SBR
thats just the risk you run when trying to save a few quid on insurance when going for third party F&T instead of comp
this may sound daft but it was cheaper for me to go fully comp than 3rd party on the scooby the range rover was about 20 quid dearer but worth it[/quote]

yeah that can happen quite often, its due to not being able to put a higher xs on TPF&T cover, but you can increase the xs on comp cover, and the higher xs you put on the cheaper the insurance is, thus sometimes making it cheaper than taking the lower TPF&T cover

again it can be a gamble putting a huge xs on the insurance incase you do have a fault accident as that is what you'l have to pay, but then if you dont have an accident you've saved yourself some cash
Old 04 February 2009, 12:59 PM
Style
Scooby Regular

dont mind fixing my one too much.

got a spare wing at home as it happens for the correct side!

only issue is repairing my bumper as its a p1 bumper, and trying to get the little orange bit i lost from below the indicator. anyone know where i could possibly get one???

needs headlight and sidelight, ebay might be the place to go for them.

and gona attemp to plastic weld, then spot spray the repair and blend as best i can. on a spot repair, do you still put primer on first? and do you tape of the area in question, or leave it open