Notices

HELP - Newage HID problem!

Search this Thread

Old 01 January 2009, 11:25 PM
BigEarl
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP - Newage HID problem!

I've recently purchased 2 HID kits to install for dipped and main beam on my Newage Scooby, but have had problems during the feasibility test.

I have installed the dipped unit as per the instructions, but the HID bulbs do not illuminate.

The unit does not come with a relay, but I don't believe this is the reason for the lights not working as the electricity supply is gained as follows;

The original -ve and +ve spade connectors from the original dipped bulbs connect to the -ve and +ve plugs within the kit. These then direct the power from the battery to the ballast and then onto the HID bulbs.

All appropriate connections checked and plugged correctly, ignition turned on, light switch operated - BUT NO HID LIGHTS!

I have viewed an HID installation video on youtube (for peace of mind) which confirms that I have fitted the kit correctly and cannot think of a reason why the bulbs don't illuminate. Now wish I had purchased the HID kits on the group buy here now having just found the site................................

I've seen an entry on here made by johnnyropper stating that he fitted an HID kit on his blobeye (same as mine) and that the plug and play method on wiring doesn't work and he recommends using the relay method. This therefore may be the answer, but why??;
https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/547390-hid-group-buy-18.html

The relay option is documented in the instruction manual I was supplied with, but neither kit actually come with a wiring harness and relay.

PLEASE HELP AS I AM GOING MAD.

Oh yeah, best introduce myself as it is a bit rude to seek help as soon as I join the site!

I'm Big Earl and I have a Black 2003 WRX Impreza - will update the profile soon.

Cheers.
Old 02 January 2009, 12:16 AM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

just replyed to your other post.
Old 02 January 2009, 11:07 AM
will_wrx
Scooby Regular

I had the same problem, I swapped the wires round that I'd connected to the spade connectors.

Say for instance, cant remember what colours they are. But if you have connected the black wire from the HID's to the black spade connector on the car and the red wire from the HID's to the red spade connector on the car, then swap them around, so black with red and red with black. Then mine powered up, I'd been baffled for a day or so, then I thought I'd just try that and it worked.

Obviously the colours I stated may be wrong, Cant remember what the colours of the wires are, but just swap them around the opposite way and get back to us
Old 02 January 2009, 01:10 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Hi Earl,

Try swapping postive and negative connections over.

The company that sold you these should be able to provide you assistance in fitting them.

The older style ballast kits we always supply with a wiring harness and relay. I assume the ones you have purchased don't come with these?

Our Super Slim kits are true plug and play.

If you are unable to resolve the problems with your kit or are not happy with where you purchased them from, feel free to try one of our kits - you won't be disappointed

https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys...id-kit-gb.html

Last edited by Aztec Performance Ltd; 02 January 2009 at 01:21 PM.