Notices

Help! Blown headgasket

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2008, 08:12 PM
Browngavin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Blown headgasket

I need some help here boys. This morning as I was coming off the A3 at Guildford the unthinkable happened. Just had a local garage cost up a repair bill for just over a grand!

I live in wimbledon so if anyone knows of a decent garage or if anyone of you guys on here knows a thing or two and would like to offer up services I would be endebted to you for a good while.

I had planned to drive down to the south coast for christmas but not anymore, bugger. Anyway, thanks in advance guys.

Gav
Old 22 December 2008, 08:41 PM
apalmer
Scooby Regular

Your going to have to flat-bed that anyway right? You can't be driving it in that state. Therefore you really have the pick of the bunch when it comes to repairs. Any ideas what caused the failure? Did the garage just quote for a replaced gasket + fitting?

There are a few tuning shops around kent, Mocom i think and Slowboy racing in town closer to you, but not sure on repairs, mainly just tuning i think. I discovered a while back that most of these places are north of the 25..

I'd try API or JGM recommended SW Autos in kent to me a while back as well and they're a tad closer.

@
Old 22 December 2008, 11:16 PM
sy276
BANNED

WHAT EVER YOU DO DO NOT TAKE IT ANYWHERE NEAR S P C OF HORSHAM AS THEY'LL QUOTE YOU 800 OR SOMETHING THEN GO TO PICK IT UP AND IT'LL BE 5 GRAND AND THEY'LL MAKE A COMPLETE **** UP OF IT !! JUST A BIT OF FRIENDLY ADVICE MATE
Old 22 December 2008, 11:22 PM
nampahc01
Scooby Regular

really don't like that guys eh. im the same with a garage up my way. ment to be very good and they **** up left right and centre
Old 22 December 2008, 11:34 PM
sy276
BANNED

Originally Posted by nampahc01
really don't like that guys eh. im the same with a garage up my way. ment to be very good and they **** up left right and centre
not at all mate everyone round my way says the same now that i have made the mistake of giving them 4 k of my money to get this wonderful car back !! lies lies lies lies oh and more lies they really wouldnt know what to do with a car if it fell off a jack and hit them in the mouth
Old 24 December 2008, 07:35 PM
Browngavin
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys, will keep it away from the above mentioned shops! I gotta save up for the bill either way as its gonna be steep so will have to let her sit till February or so, gutted!

Any mods or upgrades worth carrying out while the motor is out and about?