Notices

help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2008, 02:16 AM
dazfj
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!!!!

hi,i have a 04 wrx saloon,can someone please tell me if its a bug blob or hawk,i haven't got a clue as im new to all of this,and also it is standard and in need of releasing a few more horses,does anyon know of anywhere closeish to brighton that is good with tuning,id like to start with the exhaust,ive seen one on ebay from too fast to cool a decat down pipe,is it worth buying???the only thing on the car that is upgraded is the back muffler its a wr sport,i think thats what it says anyway!
Old 29 November 2008, 02:18 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bugeye was 2001-2002, blob was 2003-2005, hawk was 2006-2007.
Hope that puts a bit of light on the matter

Tony
Old 29 November 2008, 02:31 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Classic to 00....

Bugeye 01-02....

Blobeye 03-05....

Hawkeye 06-07....

Don't rush into tuning if you're not sure what you're doing. Scouring eBay for bargains could prove costly if you end up trashing your engine. Scoobs are very reliable, but that reliability suffers badly if you modify badly, and that can be VERY expensive !

You're car wouldn't have had a WRS back-box as standard (I don't think ), so somebody may have already been tinkering. Find out what's been done before you go any further, do some learning and plan your mods wisely. If you plan on changing the up-pipe (which will be a decat (pre-cat in WRX up-pipes)), also think about getting a down-pipe (decat) and centre section (decat and de-resonated) too, but you would need a remap to both get the best out of these items and ensure safety and reliability. I'd also be adding a Samco I/C hose to cope with the increased boost which the remap will liberate following the exhaust mods.