Notices

greddy profec spec b 2 set up

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2008, 09:26 PM
WhatswiththeR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default greddy profec spec b 2 set up

as the title says, i've fitted my new boost controller due to overboosting and i want it to have 0.8bar on low and 1.0bar on hi boost. but i cnt quite work out to set the thing up
Old 29 November 2008, 12:19 PM
T1000
Scooby Regular

you need to firstly press the SELECT button to choose either LOW or HI mode. Then turn the SET button to a lowish value and see what the car boosts up to. If it boosts up to 0.8 bar then that's fine, if it's more then you need to either lower or higher the value by turning the SET button again and pushing it in.

Then you need to check the start boost setting by pressing the MODE button. Set it at around 0.5 to 0.6 bar as a guide.

You will need to monitor the peak boost display and the current boost on the screen when driving, to make sure the car is not overboosting or underboosting. Therefore you'll probably be tweaking it for a while - like I was.

You'll also need to go into HI boost mode by pressing SELECT then chaning the values in there.

If you're unsure at all, it would be a wise decision to get a garage to set it up for you.

If you want though, PM me your email address and I'll send the the Profec B spec II user guide (PDF) and a document on how to tune the Profec.

You also need to press the MODE button a few times and set a value on the warning mode such as 0.85 bar. This will ensure that the car will lower iteself by a given percent if the car overboosts up to 0.85 bar.

You also have gain to think about, which basically can be altered slightly if the car is dropping off boost too much but don't raise it much as it can lead to boost spike.
Old 29 November 2008, 04:47 PM
WhatswiththeR
Scooby Regular

thanks for the reply will try and sort it out tommorrow when theres less traffic on the road. pm sent btw