Notices

Any help you can give?

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2002, 01:09 PM
STI v7 UK
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Right firstly i would like to say hello my name is David. I'm 26 and have just bought a vr7 STI. Its is my dream car (bar 22b) however i have very limited knowledge of scoobies and would like to know what to look out for if anything also what is there in the way of tuning and in what order do you advise.........i know a exhaust system can realise some vital bhp but who makes the best one???? blitz / hks / scoobysport / prodrive. Also what induction kits and uprated dump valves are best as when i had my last car (210 bhp seat cupra turbo) a lot of tuners talk some crap. One last thing what are the brembos like do the pads and discs need upgrading as i had AP's 4 pots on my last car wihich were awesome.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance
Old 15 February 2002, 04:57 PM
STI v7 UK
Scooby Newbie

any chance of any advice.......
Old 15 February 2002, 05:41 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Question

For a start, is yours a UK or import STI?

Cheers,

Michelle.
Old 15 February 2002, 05:44 PM
STI v7 UK
Scooby Newbie

UK STI
Old 15 February 2002, 08:30 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Right I am no expert but...

As far as your exhaust options go it really is a matter of taste.
I prefer a slightly quieter exhaust as I have along commute to work. So a Prodrive exhaut suits me best. Scoobysport is loud but sounds really nice. HKS and Blitz are mental, sounds great if you like that sort of thing though. The UK WRX and STI has 3 cats
Taking off the downpipe cat seems to generate the most power and will probably keep your car within the emissions regs.

You have to be careful what you fit though. If you start decatting the car with aftermarket exhausts you run a real risk of invalidating your warranty.

As far as I know Prodrive are working on a warranty freindly performance conversion now. It may be worth waiting for the time being to see what they offer. It will be expensive though, Prodrive kit always is but it is good quality.

If you want a list of tuners then look at the links page on www.sidc.co.uk B.R.Developments are well respected and the owners post on here. They offer ECU upgardes and other kit.

Scoobysport is also higly rated and they manufacture their own spec exhausts through Hayward and Scott. The owner Pete Croney also posts on here and is a Subaru nut Funnily enough Scoobysport is where I am going for my exhaust.

Nathan.
MY01 WRX.
Old 15 February 2002, 08:51 PM
my99
Scooby Regular

Dont really see what you want to achieve, as you've bought the best Impreza built to date in my opinion. Comes with Brembo brakes so they are fine, maybe a seperate bell/disk combination (Godspeed) may be worthwhile, but replacing the calipers etc is uneccessary expense. Exhaust would be worthwhile though, but you may affect warranty.

Not to mention the fact your 26 your insurance is probably frightening without any mods.

If I had the car I'd probably limit mods to an exhaust system with a sports cat.

Cheers
Garry
Old 17 February 2002, 12:01 PM
care3
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
try looking at what this guys done that should point you in the right direction http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...threadid=72323