Adjusting Tein coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2008, 06:58 PM
Matty_Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting Tein coilovers

Hi,

Just got my type r yesterday which has a set of Tein super streets, however there really soft and the car bounces all over the place quite badly esp when on the motorway. I notice there are dials at the top of the coilover, how easy are they to stiffen up or will it need to be taken to a garage to be set up properly?

Thanks
Old 19 October 2008, 07:49 PM
Slowboy Racing
Former Sponsor

Location: 10.68 QT mile in 2007 2.33 Type R ** Current 2002 Spec C 2.33 Track prepped.

You can adjust dampening/rebound by the top mount dials or using a key assuming you have superstreet dampers or above as the Tein basic damper has only height adjustment.

The fronts are straight forward as access is easy, to adjust the back you need to remove the rear seat.

Adjust evenly as you go to find your ideal setting.
Old 19 October 2008, 08:12 PM
Matty_Boy
Scooby Regular

cool thanks for that, yeah there super street i can see the dial, they dont seem to have any indication of what setting there on. I dont have a key but looks like they take an allen key
Old 19 October 2008, 08:41 PM
eureka
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matty_Boy
cool thanks for that, yeah there super street i can see the dial, they dont seem to have any indication of what setting there on. I dont have a key but looks like they take an allen key
i have the same set up and if they are this bouncy they must be on the softest setting 16 so just wind back until you find what setting you like counting the clicks i run mine on 5 all around sorry cannot say which way to turn though as i have edfc
Old 19 October 2008, 09:04 PM
Matty_Boy
Scooby Regular

ok cheers, ill have a fiddle and see if i can get them all on a stiffer setting!
Old 19 October 2008, 09:16 PM
New_scooby_04

You really should have had edfc fitted mate; makes for much less hassle when making adjustments. Try 10 all around... er, 6 clicks from fully soft I find this to be a good compromise for the horrid roads in SE London; it's firm, but not wince inducing.

Ns04
Old 20 October 2008, 09:17 PM
Matty_Boy
Scooby Regular

been having a fiddle today, i noticed they seem to click around 25 times roughly is this right? also i tried one way fully and they were really bouncy so i clicked them round fully the other way and they still seemed a bit bouncy, on the hardest setting should they be rock solid?

Trending Topics

Old 20 October 2008, 09:31 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

I have these on my car, mine seem quite hard regardless what I have them set to???

I believe I am correct in saying you should not turn them 'out' more than 16 clicks regardless if they continue to turn (you can download the manuals off the Tein web site which tells you how to adjust etc).

Mines on 16 clicks out, when on the dual carriage way and I go over a 'whoop' in the road I sort of get popped out of my seat, well almost
Old 20 October 2008, 09:48 PM
Matty_Boy
Scooby Regular

Well they way they were set before they would bounce like mad when going over a bump on the motorway really bad like it was dangerous at a highish speed. I had the same coilovers on my skyline and they were rock solid, im starting to think there faulty but im pretty sure the previous owner had them fitted not long ago