Notices

VTA Dump valve issue

Search this Thread

Old 07 October 2008, 03:03 PM
Style
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VTA Dump valve issue

fitted a vta blitz older style trumpet dump valve, not sure its set up right.

question is if car is in neutral and you rev it will this cause boost pressure? so make s 'wooshing' noise when you take your foot off?

will only go up to about -5 bar boost, and no more. and there is no wooshing noise. does this mean the valve is adjusted too loosely?

when driving, it didnt seem to go aswell the car, really had to put my foot down to get up to maximum .86 bar boost.

thought i'd tighten it up a bit, and seemd to go much better, but get a lot of the feathering noise when i take my foot off, and not really getting a wooshing sound.

can you service these valves? or generally do they not have any issues?

and is there a correct way to set it up by adjusting it, i know some people say dont adjust them, but its too late for that now
Old 07 October 2008, 04:32 PM
KLR16V
Scooby Regular

Fit the standard recirc valve !!

In neutral you are not putting enough load on the engine to produce + boost pressure so that is normal.

The feathering noise is turbo stall or air blowing over the fins the wrong way if it is a vf turbo you will shorten the life of it as this kills them .

Cars tend to run with problems as the maf thinks there is still a quantity of air in the intake system but actually it has vented to atmosphere so lamba readings can start bouncing high and low as the maf gets confused . Using the standard recirc valve the maf knows exactly how much air is present and can fuel correctly .

Mark
Old 07 October 2008, 05:32 PM
Style
Scooby Regular

yea ok mate, think that is a good idea to be honest. then i cn rest assured its all working exactly as it should be

ta