Notices

What else do i need before a remap?

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2008, 07:37 AM
Henstone
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What else do i need before a remap?

I currently have these fitted to my car:
Scoobyparts Ltd GREEN PERFORMANCE PANEL FILTER
Scoobyparts Ltd BAILEY MOTORSPORT DUMP VALVE - DV10
and have ordered:
Impreza Turbo 1993-2000 Classic : Impreza Turbo 1993-2000 Classic : Blitz NUR Spec Exhaust [BLITZ] - £309.99

So was just wandering if anyone could tell me what else I need before a remap and possibly put some links on here for me as i'm quite noobish with car stuff. I was also looking into getting a sports cat but this one is the only one I could find:http://www.scoobyparts.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_TORNADO_DOWNPIPE_WITH_SPORT_CAT__CLASSIC_. html

Sorry for all the links hopefully someone can be kind enough to help me out. Thanks again.
Old 02 October 2008, 07:51 AM
M535I
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Henstone
I currently have these fitted to my car:
Scoobyparts Ltd GREEN PERFORMANCE PANEL FILTER
Scoobyparts Ltd BAILEY MOTORSPORT DUMP VALVE - DV10
and have ordered:
Impreza Turbo 1993-2000 Classic : Impreza Turbo 1993-2000 Classic : Blitz NUR Spec Exhaust [BLITZ] - £309.99

So was just wandering if anyone could tell me what else I need before a remap and possibly put some links on here for me as i'm quite noobish with car stuff. I was also looking into getting a sports cat but this one is the only one I could find:http://www.scoobyparts.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_TORNADO_DOWNPIPE_WITH_SPORT_CAT__CLASSIC_. html

Sorry for all the links hopefully someone can be kind enough to help me out. Thanks again.

tbh mate imo i wouldnt say you need a remap just for what your having done just yet , as you said your pretty new to this so you might find in a months time your chucking plenty of mods at it and your remap would have been for nothing .To get the most out of every mod a remap is allways recomended but id make sure you have done as manymods as you want then go for a remap so look at a full decat or a diffrent turbo etc etc .
Old 02 October 2008, 05:27 PM
Henstone
Scooby Regular

cheers for the info i'm slowly learning more and more thanks to the members of this site, what about the sports cat is that a good one? if you have any experience. cheers.
Old 02 October 2008, 05:34 PM
M535I
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Henstone
cheers for the info i'm slowly learning more and more thanks to the members of this site, what about the sports cat is that a good one? if you have any experience. cheers.

me personally mate no but if you speak to the likes of harvey he will be able to help you out with the exhaust side of things mate , i just go for the full de cat ok it won't pass an m.o.t but ill stick the cat back on for that .I think the sports cat improves the flow of gasses but a full decat is better for more power .