Knock Sensor circuit low input?

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2008, 04:50 PM
ahar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Knock Sensor circuit low input?

Afternoon all

Wondering if anyone could help? A mate was round today and I was just taking him out in the car when the engine warning light came on the dashboard. Pulled over, switched the engine off and then on again (used to work in my old 206!) but it kept on so I headed home. Only had the engine on for 5 mins and hadn't gone above 30mph since leaving home.

I have a PSi3 ECU monitor so I looked up the fault code and the only one listed was P0327 which is a Knock Sensor circuit low input - does this mean that the knock sensor is on the way out, i.e. that the voltage being received from the sensor is too low to provide an accurate reading? If so, is it safe to drive over to the garage (circa 20 miles, mostly motorway) to get it fixed?

I bought it from a stealer recently and have a 6 month warranty so I'm going to take it back there to get it fixed for free anyway, but wanted to know whether I really should get it towed or whether I can limp it over there?

Cheers
Old 27 September 2008, 05:38 PM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had you just cleaned the car ?

Mine does this occasionally when I have been cleaning it and directed a hose into the scoop by accident.

Mine normally goes on its own but it does chuck loads of timing out until it goes. A reset doesnt get rid of it until the puddle of water on the back of the block near the knock sensor dries up. Keep an eye on it but you should be okay to drive there.
Old 27 September 2008, 06:00 PM
ahar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, but I had just changed the wheels to test my new track wheels!