Remote Start Clifford with Turbo timer? Confusion!!!! HELP PLZ

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2008, 08:47 PM
esi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start Clifford with Turbo timer? Confusion!!!! HELP PLZ

Hi guys
i got a Classic Impreza and it has a digital turbo timer ((A turbo timer is a device designed to keep an automotive engine running for a pre-specified period of time in order to automatically execute the cool-down period required to prevent premature turbo wear and failure))

ok, i am going to install a Clifford 650 with the remote start on the car, the guy who wants to fit it for me told me that the turbo timer will be disconnected from the ignition to be able to do the remote start!!,

so is he right? if i want to have the remote start, does the turbo timer has to be disconnected from the ignition?? he said that it will be a confusion between your turbo timer and remote start

i mean fair enough i could still do the thing that turbo timer does but, manually.
by sitting in my car for 2,or 3 minutes to cool the turbo down depends how i drove it.

please give me some advice!!!!!!!!

is there anyone here who has come across the same thing??
Old 22 September 2008, 09:09 PM
deangtiuk
Scooby Regular

Hi, mate yeah the remote start would get confused from the TT, there is three timers on the concept 650 so one of those could be set to say 40 seconds then you activate it before leaving the car and activeate the alarm, that would shut engine down after 40 secs and keep car secure, thats what mine is set at.
Old 23 September 2008, 05:07 PM
HOOPS78
Scooby Regular

i have the same alarm but the wire for the remote start has been disconected any idea where it goes and what colour the wire is so i can find

any help would be great
Old 24 September 2008, 08:41 PM
deangtiuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by HOOPS78
i have the same alarm but the wire for the remote start has been disconected any idea where it goes and what colour the wire is so i can find

any help would be great
Hi, there is three black wires that connect your auto-start, if they have been disconnected it will be difficult to reconnect as the black wires have tabs on them that are removed for security purposes once the alrm is installed and tested. Sorry if Its not answer you may have been looking for.
Dean.
Old 24 September 2008, 08:46 PM
AS87
Scooby Regular

word of caution (although very obvious, does happen!)

Remember to never leave your car in gear. I know of someone who did once and as you know, the car will jump forward and stall. But because the remote start stalled, it will try again, and again, and keep going. This isn't good when it hits a wall or another car, then still keep trying to go.

Remote starts are a nice idea, but not that practicle.
Old 25 September 2008, 07:28 AM
deangtiuk
Scooby Regular

Clifford now come with safe start so will only start the vehicle when in neutral.
Old 27 September 2008, 04:27 PM
vicz84
Scooby Newbie

hey mate,
i got the same thing in my 03 wrx, but the guy who installed said the same thing so the only alternative he said was add on a seperate turbo timer, in my case got hks works with no problems along with a clifford concept 650. i can remote start it with turbo timer working as always. the buolt in turbo timer in clifford wont work at all with a turbo timer.