Notices

My Car Wont Start

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2008, 08:53 AM
IWANASCOOBY1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Car Wont Start

I have a K plate WRX Turbo Import and mechanically it has never missed a beat just sailed through and MOT.

Yesterday I started her up and drove to work parking in my usual spot didn't notice anything different about the car felt and drove just like normal.

Got in the car when I finished work last night key in the ignition and turned and it was turning over fine but just wouldn't fire up.

Called a mate down tried all the usual normal basic stuff. Put some petrol in it because it was low but it wasn't that. Tried bumping outa the car park but it wouldn't bump start either so eventually towed it home.

Continued to get it to fire up at home and then the battery started to flatten not sure if this was down to trying to start it from like 5pm till 7pm and beyond or whether it was down to having the hazzards on while been towed or both.

Tried to turn it over again this morning and it turns but will not fire up at all.

I have no idea what it could be and furthermore I usually take it to HDC Subaru in Hebden Bridge but he is on holiday for ten days and I can't go without a vehicle for 10 days.

There is a couple of garages on Halifax Road near me might wonder down and see if one of them can look at it for me but in the meantime if anybody has any ideas what it could be please shout but bear in mind I'm less than a novice with cars to be honest.

Thanks

Dave
Old 19 September 2008, 01:27 PM
xX Domino Xx
Scooby Regular

checked the spark plugs?
Old 19 September 2008, 04:32 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

Can you hear the fuel pump priming when you turn the ignition on?
Old 19 September 2008, 05:41 PM
IWANASCOOBY1
Scooby Regular

Probelm fixed turns out fuel pump had died. Been replaced and the car is back home now so all is good in the world again.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.