Notices

Fuel swirl pot location / is it needed?

Search this Thread

Old 18 September 2008, 07:14 PM
danny78
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel swirl pot location / is it needed?

Hi I'm after putting a fuel swirl pot in my 96 sti, but I don't want to run fuel lines in the car is there some where under the bonnet that people have located them?
The reason I'm doing this is because I think I was getting fuel surge on my first trackday in it, the car started to be a bit hesitant after a few laps (10 maybe) now I don't know if was heat to the plugs I've got NGK 7 heat rating in or if it was fuel starvation to the last injector (I'm doing the parreral injector pipe mod at the same time as the swirl pot) I had just over a 1/4 of a tank in so I think a fuel swirl pot will sort it out, is there any thing else it could be ( I've got new plugs, coil packs, lambda sensor) ?
Thanks Danny
Old 18 September 2008, 10:40 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

I've just put one on the build I'm doing. I've done it mainly because the in tank walbro won't be man enough for the job so I've used it as a lift pump to the swirl pot then I'm using a Bosch 044 feeding the rails.

My swirl pot and pump are installed in the boot. The pipes over the tank are bypassed and the brided hoses from the pot join the original fuel lines that go through the car. I've joined them outside of the car under neath the rear left seat. (this is where the factory pipes that go over the tank join the main lines).

I'm going to cap the breather off and drill a hole in the fuel filler cap.
Here's my pot and pump.

There are other less dramtic ways to combat dreaded fuel surge.

Last edited by dazdavies; 18 September 2008 at 10:49 PM.