Notices

hay scooby pals can u help me ?

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2008, 05:36 PM
fatty86
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question hay scooby pals can u help me ?

hay there people im having abit of trouble with my classic wrx again .
about a week ago the big radiator to header tank pipe went on it nothing drastic just a tiny hole. anyway i put this down to ware and tare and simply replaced it for 25 bucks from the dealer. so i thought that was the problem solved,until next thing i knew there was steam streamig from under the bonet when i drove the car long enough for it to get hot. so anyway i was told that there was an air lock in the system as my rad hose was getting hard when i drove the car. ive tryd getting rid of the air lock numerouse time by leaving off the header cap and starting up the car and letting it run for a wile. problem not solved all it done is pushed out most the coolant so i replaced it and its still getting hard. well ive noticed now that the header tank seal at the top has a leak most the way round the tank.im guessing that the presure has caused this to leak and that is where the steam is coming from? could any body tell me if the radiator pipe should be getting hard or not. and dose any one have any ideas why it could be presureising.thanks for all your help peeps
Old 12 September 2008, 08:54 PM
masterbates1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they do get hard, and very hot.