Notices

knackered abs wheel sensor.......

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2008, 12:54 PM
andy scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default knackered abs wheel sensor.......

been told i have 2 broken abs sensors on my back wheels......if that was the case would it cause my footbrake to judder when braking?????????????abs light is sometimes on and pedal is terrible but garage say its ok 2 drive?????????
many thanks.Andy
Old 11 September 2008, 07:36 PM
Tazz Kill Er
Scooby Regular

Default Rear ABS

Pedal Judder when braking without any noticible judder through steering is usually rear disc's either knackered or suffering from some from of surface issue.
On mine when a muppet garage broke the tip off the sensor the abs light came on all the time and disabled the abs, the brakes were truely awesome during that period but scary when wet.

Whats wrong with the sensors, after all they are only magnets attached to a coil, not much can go wrong with them apart from environment such as faulty connectors or like mine the end broke off. They can be a bugger to change due to rusted bolts otherwise easy to replace

Last edited by Tazz Kill Er; 11 September 2008 at 07:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11 September 2008, 09:49 PM
andy scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tazz Kill Er
Pedal Judder when braking without any noticible judder through steering is usually rear disc's either knackered or suffering from some from of surface issue.
On mine when a muppet garage broke the tip off the sensor the abs light came on all the time and disabled the abs, the brakes were truely awesome during that period but scary when wet.

Whats wrong with the sensors, after all they are only magnets attached to a coil, not much can go wrong with them apart from environment such as faulty connectors or like mine the end broke off. They can be a bugger to change due to rusted bolts otherwise easy to replace
THANKS for your reply i appreciate it!!!the ends broke off but funny you should mention the discs as ive just remembered that when i replaced the pads about 3 months ago the discs were on their limit but just ok.i will now try and source some discs and pads.once again thanks.Andy
Old 16 September 2008, 08:50 AM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I replaced 2 ABS sensors on mine - subaru wanted £160 each but Grade A Subaru did them for £40 ... job done