Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2008, 10:18 PM
PJF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default steering judder

Hi people im hoping someone can help,
I have a 97 2000 turbo impreza which has yet another problem
When i turn the wheel while driving i get a funny whooshing sort of noise and if i turn the steering wheel on the spot it shakes alot. So im thinking its all to do with the power steering pump, there is fluid under it and some over the pipe that goes behind the radiator. There is plenty of fluid in there so is the pump a likely cause of the sounds and shakey steering wheel (while turning on the spot) or could it be something else?
If the leaky pump is the cause does it sound like i would need to replace the whole thing or just bits of it?
I also have fault code 44 waste control solenoid back ive cleaned the boost solenoid but it is still there any ideas what else i could check?
My last question is that i can hear a kind of wind noise coming from somewhere in the engine bay while driving mainly when the engine is cold any ideas or suggestions would be brilliant sorry about the assay
Old 22 September 2008, 06:44 PM
PJF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a quick update
It was the power steering pump making the noise although it looked like the fluid was fine it was actually quite low which caused the noise. I found there was a leak from the cooler pipe which i have replaced, so all working fine and no noises.
Fault code 44, i checked all pipes and cleaned solenoid again reset ecu again and now the fault code has gone.
The funny wind noise has now gone since i took off the dump valve and put on a standard valve, however i dont know if this was the solution but the wind noise has stopped.
The car feels so much better now but i do miss the dump valve noise