Notices

sti ecu

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2008, 09:05 PM
85rob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sti ecu

ive got a uk 99 wagon which had a prodrive pack fitted just after it left the factory. its now got a pipercross air filter and longlife cat back exhaust with an sti ecu. will the car run fine like this or should i try and get a standerd ecu. it seems fine at the min and as far as i no has been set up like this for at least a year?

allso i think the sti's around 280hp so my scoob should be about the same?
Old 03 September 2008, 10:12 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I should laugh but i wont but no you wont have the same power as an STI, and I also doubt that the car will run with the STI ecu fitted due to the fact that the STI engine is slightly different to that of a UK turbo (including having a larger turbo for better gas flow and power and some other minor internal differences).
If you are after more power then you should upgrade your turbo and have the car remapped, you should be able to run a nice 320bhp on something like a VF34 or a VF35 turbo which (the latter) is fairly cheap to come by.
I would also suggest you get the brakes sorted (a nice aftermarket 4 pot setup is good) as the standard 4 pots really are not up to running 215bhp let alone 300bhp
Also upgrading your injectors, fuel pump and a few other bits (which your friendly mapper will point out what you need) for reliability and a nice set of deep pockets or a very loving bank manager

Tony

Last edited by TonyBurns; 03 September 2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04 September 2008, 07:44 PM
85rob
Scooby Regular

i was aming for a nice healthy 300hp which inc an aftermarket ecu/ map untill i was told i had the sti ecu. i didnt think it'd work either untill i looked in the pass footwell and this....

which is why i wanted opion on the reliability and general reasurance.
Old 04 September 2008, 08:18 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That ecu has been totally remapped for the PPP, just adding a normal STi ecu wont work unfortunately

Just go for the above ive mentioned, 300bhp isnt achievable on the normal turbo, on average your looking at about 270-280bhp but the boost will be quite high, new larger turbo and associate mods will see you with a nice 320+bhp you can have that ecu remapped but really if you have the original ecu that came with the car (they give you it back along with the exhaust and bits) from after they fitted the ppp.

Tony
Old 04 September 2008, 08:37 PM
85rob
Scooby Regular

ah right, i didnt know that. i thought it would have been labeled as prodrive.

yeah ive read quite a few posts about getting 300+ kind of know what im getting into, lol.

thanks