Classic Turbo Wagon Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2008, 09:32 AM
stigs_scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Classic Turbo Wagon Exhaust

Hey Guys!

I have been looking for a new exhaust for my 1998 Turbo 2000 Wagon for a while...I had my heart set on a Blitz NUR Spec R, but thinking about economical issues I thought I would try to go for something a bit (maybe) more petrol/money friendly.

I have seen this system for the new shape and Bug Eye models, but cant find it for a classic. does anyone know if this kind of set up is available for a classic wagon?

SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STi EXHAUST SYSTEM DE CAT DOWNPIPE on eBay, also Exhaust Components, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 23-Aug-08 17:59:49 BST)

Also for the folks with or have in the past had a Blitz NUR Spec R...what is the petrol useage like with that exhaust on?

any help would be greatly appreciated as I know the exhaust is a small part of the car but I want to get the right one (both a nice sound and a bit of a power gain)

Cheers

Stiggy Joe
Old 22 August 2008, 09:49 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Save the money and buy some petrol ! Not sure your fuel economy will increase buying a decat
Old 22 August 2008, 10:09 AM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

a decat isn't going to make very little difference to your fuel economy, your right foot will though

my wagon had a Nur Spec fitted when I brought it, it was so loud it was embarrassing

if you are going to go down the decat route you should budget for a remap to make the most of the change and stop it over-boosting. It's worth considering a resonated centre section as you have a wagon; keeps the booming down on motorways
Old 22 August 2008, 01:40 PM
stigs_scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to get a new exhaust system as the standard one on the car at the moment is about to be torn off (probably partly why the fuel economy is going down...)

If i'm honest, I dont like the look of the standard exhaust I have. I want a twin exit pipe with 3" slash pipes...I doubt I would 'decat' the car partly as I am too lazy to bother jacking it up and redoing it for the MOT, much easier to leave it on and go.

Does anyone maybe know where to look for a nice twin 3" exhaust system from the cat back?

again I reall yappreciate any feedback...

Stig
Old 22 August 2008, 02:32 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

if its a twin 3" slash cut back box its not standard, standard back boxes have twin 1.5" outlets iirc.

Don't know where you would get something like that...I've seen a tacky looking R33 with twin 3" pipes; very, very loud and looks $hite imo
Old 22 August 2008, 02:38 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you just want a cat back then I would go for a H&S original tbh. You don't need a 3" as your NurSpec is a megaphone design running 2.5" to the DP running to 3" at the back box. Would be easier and more in keeping with your original system to go for something like the H&S original system.

Stainless exhausts manifolds headers