Notices

ebay chips.. scoobyecu?

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2008, 07:57 AM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
Default ebay chips.. scoobyecu?

I see there's someone on ebay selling scoobyecu chips, says genuine scoobyecu.

Now, I've read posts on here before about people saying they aren't the real deal etc but how can they sell them using the name etc?

Also the guy selling them on ebay reckons he can do specific maps, here's a couple of extracts from the advert..

i have maps for all the impreza models

There seem to be a few sellers now who only sell one map (which they probably just copied and have no idea of how it actually works), be wary of these due to the fact there is no such thing as 'one map fits all' and having the wrong map for your car can lead to serious problems !

So can someone explain please?

He says he has a map suitable for an sti ra (what I'm after) is this possible? He does make a 'thing' of other people only selling one map but maybe he's just got one for td04 and one for td05 and carefully wording it like he can be more specific.
Old 15 August 2008, 08:15 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you mean this guy?

ScoobyECU Genuine Subaru Impreza ECU Performance Chip on eBay, also, Subaru, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 17-Aug-08 20:54:21 BST)

This may very well be a genuine scoobyecu map

i must admit his advert is a lot better then some i've seen for example this one Subaru Impreza chip genuine scooby ecu wrx EPROM stage on eBay, also Chips, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 17-Aug-08 18:54:09 BST)

Speak to someone like Scott T (PolarPerformance) as he still sells the add on chips and ask him about the maps avaliable (he may or may not know)
Old 15 August 2008, 09:49 AM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes, that's the one.

I dare say the other one's just a copy of the original scoobyecu or possibly a copy of a Jap map. I've had an impreza from japan that came with a chip in the ecu just like the ones on ebay and it ran 1.1bar etc.

I was interested in the scoobyecu one on ebay as he uses the name and the price seems very low so wondered what was going on.
Old 15 August 2008, 10:02 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ScottT does/did still sell them occasionally on ebay
Old 15 August 2008, 10:38 PM
rob73
Scooby Regular

i have a scott.t chip and its fine i wouldnt trust my beloved engine with one of those scoobyecu copy chips.
Old 15 August 2008, 10:53 PM
NUTTYNICK
Scooby Regular

I got my chip from this guy back in March, fitted it as soon as I got it.

Car runs very well, and did have a bit more 'seat of the pants' poke to it. I had a Z4 ecu originally so the gains/advantages weren't so apparent as you might get on a UK ecu for instance.

No problems at all but I did do a fair bit of research and question asking of the seller prior to buying for fear of dubious chips.

Very happy with this purchase though.