ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   ebay chips.. scoobyecu? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/706311-ebay-chips-scoobyecu.html)

jameswrx 15 August 2008 07:57 AM

ebay chips.. scoobyecu?

I see there's someone on ebay selling scoobyecu chips, says genuine scoobyecu.

Now, I've read posts on here before about people saying they aren't the real deal etc but how can they sell them using the name etc?

Also the guy selling them on ebay reckons he can do specific maps, here's a couple of extracts from the advert..

i have maps for all the impreza models

There seem to be a few sellers now who only sell one map (which they probably just copied and have no idea of how it actually works), be wary of these due to the fact there is no such thing as 'one map fits all' and having the wrong map for your car can lead to serious problems !

So can someone explain please?

He says he has a map suitable for an sti ra (what I'm after) is this possible? He does make a 'thing' of other people only selling one map but maybe he's just got one for td04 and one for td05 and carefully wording it like he can be more specific.

myblackwrx 15 August 2008 08:15 AM

Do you mean this guy?

ScoobyECU Genuine Subaru Impreza ECU Performance Chip on eBay, also, Subaru, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 17-Aug-08 20:54:21 BST)

This may very well be a genuine scoobyecu map

i must admit his advert is a lot better then some i've seen for example this one Subaru Impreza chip genuine scooby ecu wrx EPROM stage on eBay, also Chips, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 17-Aug-08 18:54:09 BST)

Speak to someone like Scott T (PolarPerformance) as he still sells the add on chips and ask him about the maps avaliable (he may or may not know)

jameswrx 15 August 2008 09:49 AM

Yes, that's the one.

I dare say the other one's just a copy of the original scoobyecu or possibly a copy of a Jap map. I've had an impreza from japan that came with a chip in the ecu just like the ones on ebay and it ran 1.1bar etc.

I was interested in the scoobyecu one on ebay as he uses the name and the price seems very low so wondered what was going on.

jaytc2003 15 August 2008 10:02 AM

ScottT does/did still sell them occasionally on ebay

rob73 15 August 2008 10:38 PM

i have a scott.t chip and its fine i wouldnt trust my beloved engine with one of those scoobyecu copy chips.

NUTTYNICK 15 August 2008 10:53 PM

I got my chip from this guy back in March, fitted it as soon as I got it.

Car runs very well, and did have a bit more 'seat of the pants' poke to it. I had a Z4 ecu originally so the gains/advantages weren't so apparent as you might get on a UK ecu for instance.

No problems at all but I did do a fair bit of research and question asking of the seller prior to buying for fear of dubious chips.

Very happy with this purchase though.