Notices

bloody clutch

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2008, 06:04 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question bloody clutch

erm on the pug 205 gti the clutch biting point is really low. ive noticed over the last week or so since ownership its gotten lower and lower, really close to the floor.

its got now to the stage where its slightly crunching into 1st and reverse (which is lift and top left next to 1st) which concerns me as the pedal wont go any lower physically.

i got in touch with the gentleman who i bought her from and he mentioned something about the cable needing adjustment or the clips the cables held on with near the bulkhead have come loose...

the clutch itself is only 1000 miles old and perfectly fine besides this. have a reciept from "mr clutch" in sheffield so all legit.

can anyone offer assistance on what i need to do?
Old 28 June 2008, 06:42 PM
andyxros
Scooby Regular

had a few of these good fun lol... you need to shorten the cable by un do the two nuts at the end of it in the release arm hold big nut and slaken small nut first then hold the threaded bar andtighten big nut up then desired posision lock the mall nut up, there not self adjusting so need slack taking up afte clutch re fit, u may notice the peddle is lower than break peddle at the mo too,
Old 28 June 2008, 06:52 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andyxros
had a few of these good fun lol... you need to shorten the cable by un do the two nuts at the end of it in the release arm hold big nut and slaken small nut first then hold the threaded bar andtighten big nut up then desired posision lock the mall nut up, there not self adjusting so need slack taking up afte clutch re fit, u may notice the peddle is lower than break peddle at the mo too,

yeah i just managed to pop my head under there, and there are the two nuts you mention, a big one and a smaller one straight after. so by shortening it you mean i need to bring the nuts closer to the end of the bar or further in the bar?
Old 29 June 2008, 01:18 AM
andyxros
Scooby Regular

winde the nuts clock wise so more threads show. pull on the thread part and get a mate to see were clutch peddle is i.e how high the tighten the nuts up to were it stands
Old 29 June 2008, 11:35 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

thanks for that. i managed to get my fat head under there yesterday evening while i still had light and dry weather. it was just a case of getting the small nut unlocked off the big nut with limited tools

its not too bad now as ive got the biting point off the floor and not lost any gears on the linkage etc. im going to pop it round to chris's (flix) later this afternoon to have a play with it a bit more.

thanks for your advice.
Old 29 June 2008, 08:19 PM
andyxros
Scooby Regular

sound stuff anytime mate. like i said had a few of those and a few engin changes too lol