Notices

help!!

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2008, 01:03 PM
le bomb new age
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!!

hi all i have a 02 wrx i was under it today and noticed i had a hole in the exhaust system its the size of a penny and don't know if i could loose presure due to this i also don't no if it is connected to the turbo its at the front of the car just beside the radiator next to the bumper it has subaru stamped on it i no it needs to get fixed or replaced could any1 tell me what this part is called and if it is going to loose me presure????
Old 21 May 2008, 01:23 PM
daves2rs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by le bomb new age
hi all i have a 02 wrx i was under it today and noticed i had a hole in the exhaust system its the size of a penny and don't know if i could loose presure due to this i also don't no if it is connected to the turbo its at the front of the car just beside the radiator next to the bumper it has subaru stamped on it i no it needs to get fixed or replaced could any1 tell me what this part is called and if it is going to loose me presure????
Sounds like the exhaust heat sheild cover. Providing the actual header isnt cracked then your car will be fine These tend to get rusty and would a good time to port your headers and heat wrapped
Old 21 May 2008, 01:55 PM
le bomb new age
Scooby Regular

no its not the heatshield its the actual pipe that runs straight with a join at either side at the front of the car under the radiator its not that long of a pipe!!
Old 21 May 2008, 03:21 PM
le bomb new age
Scooby Regular

any idea's??????
Old 22 May 2008, 05:24 PM
solaman
Scooby Regular

up pipe?
goes from headers to turbo??