Notices

HELP !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2008, 05:34 PM
Oddie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP !!!!!

The time has come to get get rid of my faithful scoob. It's a STI on a 53 plate. There is only one problem; the engine check management light is on. But there is a bit of history behind this.

I part-exed my bug eye for a blob eye STI about 3 years ago at my local Subaru dealer. Part of the deal was to transfer the decat exhaust across from the old car to the new one and KEEP the warranty. The check light came on straight away. What Subaru failed to tell me, was that the car would over boost and run about 12% to lean. (I found this out on this forum) So a quick run up to TSL and a quick remap would sort this problem out.

Whilst remapping the car they had problems with gear box sensor telling the management that the car was permanently in neutral. So they by passed it so they could map the car and told me to go and see my main dealer to change the sensor.

After a bit of a battle with warranty issues, I finally got my dealer to have a look at the problem. They came back to me and told me that they replaced the sensor with three different ones, but were still getting a low voltage reading. They said that it can not be the sensor as it has been replaced, but it must be the way the car has been mapped.

I am 3 years down the line and need to sell my car (very reluctantly) and I am still none the wiser to what is wrong.

CAN ANYBODY HELP???
Old 19 May 2008, 05:44 PM
RJM25R
Scooby Regular

take the bulb out of the dash? ;-)
Old 19 May 2008, 06:09 PM
Oddie
Scooby Regular

Hmmm. Thats a bit dodgy.

But a friend of mine (honest) took the dash out of his only to find the check light was a diode instead of bulb and can not be got at.

Last edited by Oddie; 19 May 2008 at 06:10 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 20 May 2008, 07:43 AM
Oddie
Scooby Regular

bump!
Old 20 May 2008, 08:32 AM
RJM25R
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Oddie
Hmmm. Thats a bit dodgy.

But a friend of mine (honest) took the dash out of his only to find the check light was a diode instead of bulb and can not be got at.
Was meant tongue in cheek really, but it goes on a lot more than you might suspect.......