Notices

Trying to get legacy TT info

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2008, 10:57 PM
blocko
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to get legacy TT info

Ive signed up on uklegacy but im unable to get much technicnal response to any of my questions so Im hoping the larger community that we have here can help me out

I have recently purchased a BG5 GTB legacy estate (my first subaru)

The GTB was a big down step for me and after only 3 weeks im becoming very bored of the lack of power. Its a lot of car though, especially for the money so rather than sell up already initially im looking into some mild tuning.

I have the following questions?

What boost can the standard turbos safely handle?
Will the car run happily with any dump valve or are they fussy? Will I see idling issues?
How does the standard ecu and the fuelling hold up after decat and extra boost?

As a more long term view I gather from what the searching has found that the twin turbos really restrict tuning. Ive never had a twin turbo car before so im a bit in the dark here. Plus the VOD really spoils the car for me. So im presuming that a single turbo upgrade is the way forward. Is there a good source to provide more information on this?

And is there any information as to the tolerances/limitations of stock parts? Specifically in terms how much power the internals, the stock top mount, the injectors, MAF and the clutch are able to deal with and how much boost the head can handle.

Many thanks in advance.